Red led 1x18650 flooder?

S2+ with single LED

narrow TIR lens
http://kaidomain.com/p/S022466.21_5mm-15-Degree-Cree-XP-LED-Lens-1-pc

one XP-E2 red 3.58$
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S025829.Cree-XP-E2-R2-Red-620nm-630nm-LED-Emitter-with-KDLIGHT-XP-16-16mm-x-1_5mm-DTP-Copper-MCPCB

Convoy S2+ 7.99$
with 2x7135 driver

driver 1.79$
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024828.Nanjg-111-3_0V-4_2V-2-x-AMC7135-700mA-1-Mode-LED-Driver-Circuit-Board

As a weapon light, hmmm.
If you make/are having made the triple and the ledboard/spacer/pill is soldered to one piece I guess it will work.

The brinyte B158 is available with a red XP-E2, is zoomable for full flood and has a weapons mount.
It might be a good option for you.

I agree with this model suggestion, but I thought it came with an xpe? It has been awhile since I ordered one, so maybe they upgraded since then?

An E2L has a one piece head, so might be a better host for a weaponlight triple. Use some loctite on the bezel. Whatever you go with, make sure both the driver and tail switch have good springs to maintain contact with recoil.

Thanks

If having someone build it for you is an option, I recommend the "photo red" tint from cree instead of their normal red. Some other companies call it "deep red" but no matter the name, make sure the light is listed as under 700nm but over 630nm. Luxeon also makes some decent led's in this tint. Here's where I got mine, the list is as the highest bin, so it will be the brightest (if they're telling the truth) very happy with it:

http://www.rapidled.com/cree-xp-e-he-photo-red-660nm-led/

I don't know of any lights that come with this tint stock unfortunately, so it would have to be swapped into an existing light. The difference is the photo red is a higher wavelength 650nm-670nm instead of the normal red at around 620-630nm. Especially for your purpose, I really recommend trying to get a deeper red LED than normal. When you shine the two tints next to each other, the normal red looks very orange and the deeper "photo" red is much more red looking. Hard to describe, but its not just for aesthetic purposes. The important part is: the deeper red is even less visible to most wildlife than just normal red. It is also slightly less visible to humans than the normal red, but at 100yards and closer it will be more than fine.

The above suggestions are really good though, I have a photo red xp-e in a t-20 aspheric light (very similar to the B158 suggested above) and am really happy with it. Make sure you choose a light that has a remote pressure switch available for it if it will be mounted on your gun and you want to turn it off and on. If someone is building it for you, follow the above suggestions about driver and switch springs and securing everything in the light to deal with the recoil. However, if you're hunting foxes you might be using something small with low recoil?

If having a light built isn't possible where you are, a normal red XP-E2 will work well, I'd just pick the photo red tint if that's an option for you. Hope you have a gopro or something to post some night hunting footage for us. Good luck.

Quad XP-E2 FETDD Guppydrv. 8amp draw. battery movement restricted during recoil no flicker and .308’s hit pretty hard in these SBR’s!

I run it at 6 o’clock a hand grip off the Mag well, and activate it with an index finger on this AR10 .308 mostly for close quarters room and ground navigation with the Guppydrv. I have multiple choices of out put and single mode turbo and it works well! :wink:

This post is just awesome. Thank you.

how hot does that red quad get? How long on high till its too hot to handle? Pretty convenient that the driver puts 2amps to each XP-E2, which is near the sweet spot according to Djozz’s tests. Nicely done on the rifle and flashlights. :beer:

Red led 1x18650 flooder?

1. Need a red led 1×18650 light…
    See richard aka RMM aka Mountain Electronics Check
  2. One mode. Check (see RMM)
  3. Looking for something with no hotspot. (RMM has photo red triple boards made up already) check
  4. Great light out to 100m… something that I will see the spider above me, the hole in front of me and the fox 100m away from me with its back turned on a night with no moon.

(humm ill defer is someone says can it be done but (flood, no hot spot equals mule, and Red is an inefficient color, so 100 yards/m I don’t think so)

Love photo red, it does not look orange
Suggest away!

Excellent suggestions thus far.
Additional notes. Happy to have larger head on it if that opens up additional options, currently running a maxtoch m24s with single 18650 tube but find it too focused for what I’m doing.
Leaning towards a triple at 2.2a atm.

Once there is a consensus on the best option who is stepping up to build it for me ? (All my gear is 600km away)

30-40seconds in Turbo it gets uncomfortable, but I don’t hand hold it and I use it mostly after December in January thru March to hunt dogs, so it’s usually pretty cold here in Michigan. The battery is only capable of 8amps so it works out well as planned. I mostly use the lower modes, to move through woods, fence rows, fields and in/out and around out buildings on farms. I have a NV scopes on my rifles so it’s for my use when positioning/traversing at night, we set up around 10-11pm at night ( winter it’s really dark out in the country) and hunt thru early/mid morning.

Ttt

Check This Tri-LED Fenix TK25R-B

Hi Kawi, how does a quad red XP-E2 only draw 8A direct drive? The Vf is under 2V, I’d expect 30-40 amps? Or do you use a very low drain battery?

Correct jozz, the Red Sanyo Lap top batteries (I believe they are Sanyo’s?“B” II EFH35 is the markings) I bought from B&G Micro a few years ago ( a BLF member “texaspyro” posted them, see post #34 Super deal on Panasonic UR18650F 2500 mAh batteries) for like $2 each, they only draw 8 amps Max, I have never seen anymore out of them, and with the short tube and a 18350 close to the same. Like I said as planned! :smiley:

The Jaxman E2L Color is available with red emitters stock. Seems a good option. You can also get sportac triple drop ins with red led if p60 format is an option and you know where to look.

Found a comparision between several red light lamps:

Sorting order from flood to throw:

Acebeam X80 2*CREE XPE2-R2 630nm

Fenix LD75C

Fenix TK25R&B XP-E2

Convoy S2+ 620-630nm 30°Optik Bastarrdo Mod.

Interesting would be to know the performance of the Olight M20 Crimson (100lm, Cree XP-E R2).

Thanks for those Angerdan, really helpful.
And Kawiboy, no matter how much I hate coyotes, I don’t think I could hunt them in the middle of the night during Winter in Michigan unless my life depended on it. I bet that .308 really make a mess of them though.
With the accessories you have mounted on the rifle already, throw a Gopro camera on there. I bet it’d be some pretty cool hunting footage.

Of course you can change the rules and move from the least efficient to produce and be seen, to the more efficient to produce and be seen.

From Red to Green it has many of the same advantages.

?