Reliable Sub $20 AAA AA NiMH Charger and Capacity Tester?

After a couple hours research, I’m leaning towards an XSTAR VC4S, but am open to other options. A VC4S might exceed my needs, but, coming from an EBL 808, which, over the years, has gone from providing a full charge to my batteries to only about 1/4 of the original charge (with brand new batteries), I’d feel better seeing capacity in mAh.

VC4S has some premature voltage termination issues for NiMH, IIRC. Also defaults to high charging current unless you charge more than 2 batteries, again, IIRC. All I clearly remember is ceasing to use it for NiMH.

It seems a lot of multifunction chargers don’t get NiMH quite right. One exception I have found is the Klarus K1X, simple and nails accurate multichem charging. But, it’s single bay and expensive now. Too bad there isn’t a USB BQ CC17.

Thanks for your reply.

How about sub $30? I’m also open to 2 bay units. I see Klarus has the K2, but without an lcd. Technically, I could probably live without an lcd, but, after my EBL 808 experience, I’d sleep a bit better seeing mAh on an lcd screen.

Check Opus, one if the cheapest and best.

Opus BT-C700 is a good choice in the lower price range. And IMHO it´s better than VC4Sx in charging NiMH, the VC4SL which I have is simply unusable for this.

It can test the discharging-capacity, offers a good range of charging and discharging currents. It´s not for PPL who want to charge fast, in this case an Opus BT-C2000 is the better and more expensive choice.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks. The lowest price I could find for the BT-C700 is $22, and that’s shipped from China. I kind of need this faster than a month.

Amazon has the BT-2400 for $29, which, according to the comment from the seller is the V2.2, which is identical to the BT-C2000 V2.1 but doesn’t have the C&D adapters that the BT-C2000 has. This comment is from 2014, though. Assuming the BT-2400 they’re selling is still V2.2, does that sound like the one to get?

Yes, if it fits your needs :slight_smile: . If you stay with NiMH it´s a good charger, if you want to use in near future also LiIon you have to look for something different

It have a nice range of charging currents, discharge, analyzing-mode, it´s a complete charger for AAA/AA NiMH

I have a rebadged Opus BT-C2000, the Everactive NC3000. Don´t know atm which firmware-version, but works good.