replacement switch for the COURU

i think this uses a electric switch and was just wondering if anyone knows another switch i could use that will fit ?? that’s not a electric switch

http://dx.com/p/couru-l2-cree-xm-l2-t6-600lm-3-mode-white-flashlight-black-1-3-x-18650-279608

I’m looking for one also.

also from a few pics i saw it looks pretty skinny, but i need the new switch if i find one to handle some power :slight_smile:

i just came across this switch but i would it with more amps around 5-7 amps

or

switch

The more I fiddle around trying to figure out how to get a clicky in the head of this light, the more discouraged I get. The way I see it, it would have to be cobbled together and epoxied from the inside. Trying to get a boot on it looks improbable. The only person I know that may have a solution is Old-Lumens.

I’m now thinking that putting one in the tail might be easier. There seems to be lots of room. An Omten type switch may work. Then it would just be a matter of drilling a hole to fit the boot.

My light should be here in a few days so ill come up with something, id though id ask so i could order some parts before it gets here

There's not much of anything above three amps in a clicky (pushbutton) switch until you get into the larger switches. Now, there's a bunch of smaller toggle switches, but they just look hokey. Judco is about the only one I know, that uses copper contacts and 10 amp ratings, but they are not a small switch, so sometimes they won't work, size wise.

I’m not so worried about rating. Most switches can handle way more than spec. It’s the fitting of it into where the electronic side switch goes. I just can’t think of how to do it without looking like a bandaged wound.

That’s the way i see it as well, i dont want just a working switch that looks over sized/ugly and a sloppy fit

PS: thanks everyone for the input ill check into it when i get my host

Here’s a photo of my NAGE beside the COURUI. As you can see, there’s the same amount of room in each. I placed an Omten type switch in the tail of the COURUI so you can see it fits easily. When the tailcap is screwed down there is another 6.5mm clearance from the edge of the battery tube. All you have to do is drill a hole for the boot cap.

Watching with interest…. :beer:

Ouchyfoot or anyone who has a picture of the inside switch compartment can u post a pic please ? id like to see how much wiggle room there is

Radio Shack

And again

Allelectronics

ebay search

Digikey

Basically, they are either momentary or too big to use.

i was thinking these if i can fit

switch

or

switch

or

switch

So wait....you want to remove the SMB tactile switch and replace it with a physical push button? Is that correct?

As far as I understand (and I don't know jack about this light) the switch is a simple momentary switch - off, or momentary on. A push button that locks on might result in unexpected behavior. Not saying it will, just not sure what you're trying to achieve...

A momentary switch needs a driver that’s designed for one. In order to chande modes with a standard buck driver you need a mechanical switch that just breaks the ground connection.

I’ve started a New Thread on my own COURUI switch installment and series conversion.