[Resolved] Defective Rofis MR30 / Rofis + Banggood refuse to resolve the situation

Well, let’s put it this way.

Would you go protest in a BMW sales lot for a problem you had with a Mercedes?
You didn’t buy the flashlight from Amazon, so what makes you think they should allow you to slam the product on their website?

Sorry you got a lemon, but you are going about this in the wrong way.
Later,
Keith

Atleast banggood emailed you back… i heard nothing about my broken imalent ms12 and astrolux mf04s…

Agreed. Maybe I was foolish enough to think THEY (i.e. Amazon) have at least some kind of a neutral, independent rating system where anyone can post his/her opinion about the corresponding product. At least I expected it as in former times it did not matter whether one bought something from Amazon or not. But now, I stand corrected and consider their rating system as trustworthy as Banggood's or Gearbest's rating system where nearly all products have 4 or 5 star ratings only. ;-)

Did you already try the online chat? Maybe it's worth trying it this way to open up a "service incident" for you.

Final update:

Lately, my MR30 stopped to work completely, i.e. the switch would not work anymore no matter what I tried. As far as I have heard, there were some more people affected by this problem. While Rofis refused to assist in the first place when I reported about the driver- and contact-related issues, they eventually agreed to send me a replacement covered by their warranty.

The new MR30 came „naked“, i.e. just the flashlight, nothing else. So far, it appears to be a new revision as the driver spring looks much better designed and a bit longer. Moreover, the side switch feels totally different. Whereas the old one had a very distinct pressure point with a click sound the new one feels mushy without any hearable feedback.

I have quickly tested the new MR30 with an extra short Vapcell 21700 battery (actually Sanyo NCR21700A 5.000mAh 15A a.k.a. „Tesla cell“) that comes with a recessed positive pole. Fortunately, everything seems to work fine this time. Hopefully, more tests will reveal if there are any issues with the turbo mode once the cell is being discharged.

Glad to hear this was resolved, I was looking at the issues with the MR30 on BLF because mine only works on turbo and strobe but you can barely see the light at all. you have to cup your hand around the light to see it. Rofis has not responded at all over the last 3 weeks or so. I guess I will e-mail them every week until they respond.

Has anyone been able to remove the bezel on this thing? It is glued super tight. I tried everything but couldn’t get it off. I like everything about this light besides the CW tint so I want to replace the emitter but just can’t get to it.

Add mine to the list. My MR30 I got 11/2018 and used often and liked a lot has failed. Very careful with it, looks like new. Switch reads battery green for 2 seconds but won’t turn on. Tried cleaning all contacts, threads, and using different batteries, it is dead. Second Rofis to die on me, I will not buy more.