Review: Aleto / UltraOK 1x 26650 XM-L T6 Flashlight: An HD2010 challenger? (picture heavy)

On sale under $16 AUD

[…]

[…]

[…]

Thank YOU for taking the hit on this one!! Also thank you for the details!!! You just saved me (and others, I’m sure) whatever this torch might cost!

There should be no excuse for such horrible looking threading!! It is just too easy to keep the Machine Tools in calibration. Especially, (assuming there is any) QC should be more sensitive to the places that will wear most. The rest of the threading will likely not be used more than a few times ever. The tailcap gets a new grinding every time you change batteries! Looking at yours, how long would you expect them to last in regular use?

Also, the pill looks nearly impossible to mod, unless you have some way of turning MCPCBs… That overly-precise edge-only fit not only limits vital heat transfer, it kicks this one the rest of the way under the bus…

THANK YOU again for bringing this to the world!!

Dim

I have bought 4 of these so far, all the threads on mine were good.

2 I have already gifted to friends as 4xAAA torches, I and they are more than happy with the lights. All in all, very decent for the money.

I guess there is always variation in production runs.

As I implied, depending on the tool operator (and his supervisor’s willingness to enforce QC rules) (and the factory’s willingness to impose QC rules!!)…

Lacking that, THANK YOU AGAIN for BLF and all who contribute here!!!

I say they are rough, but I should add that they do not feel as rough as they look. Because the threads on the body tube are smooth, threading the parts together are not too bad. I tried cleaning them up a bit, but it didn’t help much. The tailcap on my light was just not up to the quality level of the rest of the light. I’m thinking of ordering one from the other seller (UltraOK branded) just to see if it’s any different… and to have one to give away, since I’m liking this light enough that I will want to replace it when I do give it away :slight_smile:

Excellent Review, but I think the Aleto U2 won (look at the right edges of the comparative beamshots).

I think you are right. It does seem slightly brighter in the Aleto shots. I didn’t notice that before.
My new FandyFire HD2010 beats both of them though, by another few hairs. And that’s without mods; yet. :wink:

Hi,

Would this work for you all:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1630/10003869/1290102-4aaa-serial-cylindric-plastic-battery-holder

Jim

Nice, but for 26650 replacement, it needs the brass nub on top to make it 65mm long. This would be an easy mod, so I’m glad the option is there. Thanks!

A magnet might work? But, it looks like the top metal part is rounded. It’d be a lot better/safer if it was flattened so a magnet would stay still :(…

Jim

How’s about this one? Would this work with a magnet on top (better)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-Cylindrical-type-AAA-Plastic-Battery-Holder-Cassette-No-Batteries-/181038815756

Jim

Ohaya, that is a 3xAAA holder, which would not be a good option. A 4xAAA holder with a positive end brass plunger would work best. That is what the light came with, so we know they exist.

Relic,

Re: NANJG 105C w 12×7135 (4.2A), which one did you use? From Kaidomain?
Can’t find a 20mm from FastTech.

It’s a standard 105C mounted on the existing driver. Since there was so much space in the battery compartment, it made my unprotected cells fit perfectly. I think there’s a pic of it somewhere… if I find it I’ll post.
Edit: Here’s how I did it. I’ve read that the UltraOK does not have as much extra space on the battery side, so the drive could go in the pill on that model.

Thanks for the review. Just ordered this light. Not bad for $16 :slight_smile:

No problem! Glad I could help you spend a little of your money, even if it’s only $16 of it. :wink:

What comes around goes around. :smiley:

Nice review and mods relic38. Dig that driver mod. This light looks like a really good deal.

Hi,

I just got one of these (late, I know). Was there ever a mod thread (that was mentioned above)?

For the driver, I understand to mount a Nanjg on top of the existing driver, but were there any pics about the emitter side?

Thanks,
Jim

Here are some pics of the mod I did to fill the hole in the pill. Also this is also the origional thread. Give it a look a few modded the pill in different ways.
Link to post with info