Review: "ALXM" P60 Drop-In from Int'l Outdoor Store

I have a question for you using this: How much amps do you get on high?

I seem to get “only” about 2.4 to 2.6 at best.
Could it be, that the positive spring is keeping it a bit low?
When battery gets a bit used, about 4.00-4.10, it drops to 2.2A or thereabouts.

…an that´s not all:
It seems to kick down to LOW (I have 2-mode) at about 3.80V-3.85V.
I think that is not acceptable if it is advertised to do so at about 3V…

It does seem to be kicking in a little soon. The driver will kick down to low when it is at 3v under load though. If you run it until it kicks to low, pull the battery and check the voltage, it will always be higher than 3v. How much higher, I am not sure. I would not be surprised if a light that is driven to 3a that cuts off at 3v would bounce back up to around 3.5ish volts

Link for ” ALXM2 ” at IO.

voltage will jump by some amount but this does not draw 3A.
When battery is at 3.8V, it will hardly be 2A.

I sent a mail to CS, lets see…

I just got ALXM2 two-mode in the mail, and I’m having the same issue. After 20 minutes in L2N, the light dims. I measured the battery and its 3.83V.

??

:frowning:

I failed to mention that the cell is a laptop pull with 1950mAh capacity, charged about three months ago and it has been in the drawer since (not used).

Just a suggestion or 2: Maybe try a better “Brand name” battery (Panasonic, Samsung or Sanyo cell)? One with more mAh’s, or one with more juice? Or maybe the same battery on a fresh charge?

I emailed Hank and he suggested I use a cell that can sustain 3A. That LG cell was one of the better cells I had. I have to try other brands I have, but all of them are laptop pulls.

Are these still for sale as I could not find on the site… Can some lost link?

Here is a link

I just got one of these in the NW tint and it has a disappointingly purple spill, even with diffusion film on the lens. : / Maybe I should have tried the Hi CRI version.

EDIT: Just realized the T4 5B1 version doesn’t do firefly mode so there goes that idea.

Which NW LED? The T4 5B1 or T6 3C? Purple spill sounds more like a cool-cool white. Weird.

The T6 3C with OP reflector. The center looks great but it gets very purple-ish around the edges. After reviewing your pictures again it looks like the spill on your house and fence looks much cooler/borderline purple also. Maybe my standards are set too high but my NW D25C is much better around the edges. Everything else about this drop in is great though, especially the price.