Review: Armytek Predator Pro v2.5 XP-G2

Armytek refers to theoretical emitter lumens, 460 is true OTF number. It’s about the same as in the older Predator with 1,5A driver (now it’s 2,1A). Additional 0,6A is wasted as heat. I have one problem with Predator - very tight spill makes it unuseable as bigger EDC, it’s a pure thrower and all it can do is throw so complicated UI doesn’t make it more versatile.

I had already set my cap for a Predator, and then I found this review and that awesome video! I was cringing at the things they were doing to this light! Holy mackerel Batman! The thing won’t quit! My 6 year old stood here watching and asked “Why isn’t it breaking?” I said, for a lack of words, because it’s an ArmyTek. He says, “So, Army Tek lights don’t break?” I said, not before you do. :slight_smile:

Isn’t that what it amounts to? The light will be there, working, whatever you go through. Period. That, my friend, is the top of the line.

The torch itself works fine and puts out a good amount of light and throws better than my THRUNITE TN12.
However I’m not very happy because of the after sales support I received.

When I got the torch I noticed almost immediately that one of the rubber seals near the end of the torch was not installed properly.
It’s not a seal that you can replace yourself, so I couldn’t do anything about it. Therefore, I expected to be able to send it back, get a new one, and they refund the shipping cost of sending it to them. I immediately emailed support about it. I expected them to swiftly resolve it, as their website states:
“We give a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.”
“If your purchase, for any reason, doesn’t meet your requirements, you may return it within 30 days of receipt of your shipment.”
“Please note that we can refund the initial shipping costs only if the return is a result of our error.”

Well it’s definitely there error, they installed the seal incorrectly. Also it didn’t pass quality control if they have it.
Eventually they came back with the response of: “This is a small imperfection which does not influence the marketable condition, the main functionality and the output and brightness of the flashlight. This imperfection is not visible, so, in this case we do not refund for the delivery.”

It’s not visible? I noticed it pretty much immediately. I even sent them pictures to show them. Half the seal is completely missing, and there is a portion on the other side where the seal sticks out. I told them from the outset that this torch was to be a gift for my dad (parents anniversary). I don’t want to give him a product that I know is not in new condition. I know he will notice it as well and it’s disappointing as I was excited to give him the torch. Also, the seal is there for a reason, I don’t want water getting in to the area where the seal is missing.

All I can say is I hope that the torch you get doesn’t have any visible flaws. Because if it does, good luck trying to get a replacement.