Review: Armytek Wizard Pro Warm and Cool (1x18650 right-angle/headlamp, Cree XHP50, 1800lm, magnetic charging)

There is no better way of making a headlamp that is also a flashlight without making it bigger or reducing its ability of getting rid of the heat.

It has a headband, a clip and a strong magnet. All can be removed.

The hotspot is very wide. Without the hotspot the light would have no reach.

The runtimes are real. In the bightest modes they can be longer it the light gets too hot (it has thermal regulation).

The different terms you mention don’t seem to have clear descriptions except that these lights have a very flat regulation when kept cool.

The magnet cannot be removed from the magnetic charging models (except by using the tailcap from the non-charging model).

My runtime graphs are recorded as they happened. For the most part, they were a bit shorter than advertised.

When Armytek says “digital” regulation, they mean that output decreases as the battery drains. When they say “full” regulation, they mean that it does not (unless the light thermal throttles). As the graphs show, a sufficiently cooled Wizard Pro has full output in every mode until just before the battery runs out.

Ah yes, I forgot about the fixed magnet in the newer models, thanks.

It used to be that the pro models hat full regulation in all modes and the non-pro models had full regulation in all modes except for the brighttest one where they started to dim when the battery was half empty.

Then” this”:https://www.armytek.com/products/flashlights/multi-flashlights/armytek-wizard-pro-magnet-usb-18650/ is the best ArmyTek for me. Anybody with 21700 mod? L :slight_smile: L

Accidentally dropped the HOT driver off the hotplate today. Aaargh! :disappointed:
Spent hours just to put back those micro components back. :person_facepalming:

That’s an… interesting method of magnification.

What are you doing to that driver?

Make it outputs approximately the same using 6V

Oh, interesting. That should be good for efficiency. 144A or E21As?

Both

Great review!

I just ordered one of these.

I found this place with lowest prices, they ship worldwide: www.adventureprozone.ca