[Review] Astrolux C8 Flashlight - Compact Thrower

Great review, I bought the Astrolux based on this review :+1:

Anyone know where I can get an OP reflector for this? I thought all C8 parts were interchangeable but I got a C8 reflector from KD that doesn’t fit properly; height is too short.

In terms of brightness, between Astrolux C8 and GT Mini, which one is more powerful and efficient?

I don’t have the GT Mini, but from what I’ve read about it, I think you’ll find it’s pretty similar to the Astrolux. Same LED, similar output, and efficiency should be the same (i.e., not great). But the GT should throw a bit further, due to its larger reflector. The GT also looks a little cooler. But, it costs more.

In real-world use, you probably won’t notice much difference, but the GT should have a slightly tighter hot-spot. If money isn’t a concern, get the GT. Otherwise, the Astrolux probably offers better value.

(ground distance of flashlight to opposite building is around 120 meters or 400 feet, but since it's a diagonal distance, my estimate is the distance could be up to 150 meters or so)

Maybe these videos can help show differences between Astrolux C8 (cool-white & neutral-white) vs GT Mini (cool-white & neutral-white)

Astrolux C8 "1A" cool-white

GT Mini cool-white version:

Astrolux C8 "3B" (neutral-white)

GT Mini neutral-white

Thank you very much for those replies, guys! Really appreciating the video comparison, d_t_a! Cheers!

Great beamshot videos, thanks for posting!

Ordered an Astrolux C8 based on what I read here. Now just waiting for it and my L6 to arrive. I won’t buy anything for a while…

hi
you are welcome
need manual
to adjust
the mode
can somebody have it
thanks.
Astrolux C8 Silver XP-L HI Long Shot 1300Lumens 7 / 4modes A6 Driver Tactical

Hi, am a knoob.
How will this flashlight behave with a Sofirn 3000mAh?
Will the throw be significantly compromised?

The difference in max brightness would likely not be noticeable with the eyes. Just fairly minimal.

Astrolux C8 (XPL-Hi) just uses around somewhere between 5-6 Amps on Turbo mode.

Sofirn’s 3000mAh 18650 used to be rewrapped DLG 18650, but recently Sofirn’s 3000mAh 18650 appears to be using BAK 18650 batteries.These are acceptably good enough for 5-6 Amp drain.

thanks