[review] Astrolux E01 / E02

Hi,

here is an animated gif with the 4 modes of the E02 (without control shot!).

Regards

Kenjii

Once again.
Can anyone measure glass lens and reflector size?

Trevi_lux measured the reflector size… I assume the glass is the same diameter as the reflector.

Seems to be 20mm x 11mm.

I can confirm glass is about 20.5-21 mm diameter.

Very presicion measurements.

Some russian people like do them this way, but after other people that make assembly can’t understand why parts doesn’t fit each other.

Yes,……I need a digital caliper :wink:

Looks like a nice light. Beautiful pictures!
I suppose that is two FETs. Maybe one is direct and the other has a series resistor? But R050 seems too little resistance for the low modes and ZRO is just a place holder, so maybe they in parallel, with R050 and PWM for regulation, like a regular budget light driver but a bit more current?

i had a bad feeling about these lights and i’m glad i didn’t buy one.
if i had known manker was making the cometa, i would not have bought one

Hi everyone.
My first post here, so apologies if I do something wrong :slight_smile:
I really like the look of this light, just like to ask Tom E or anyone else if they have been able to replace the driver board with something more appropriate?

No problem - And Welcome to BLF !!

Sorry, I know I forget things from time to time, but just checked - I never did order this light. The tricky part is how the e-switch is mounted on that vertical PCB down the middle - not saying it's impossible, but could be tricky fitting in a replacement drive r- might have to go with a 12 or 15 mm driver. I've fit 15's in small spots before.

Thanks Tom E.
Looks like I’ll have to wait and see if someone else has been able to mod one.

Hi, wondering if there’s any long term review of this light so far? Thanks.