Review: BALDER SE-2 (XM-L T6 / 1x18650)

BTW, did you order the 3mode or 6 mode on CNQG?

ffrruu, you can email balder directly at balderlight.ma@gmail.com with questions, they seem to be very responsive. Or PM Martin at BLF User: Balder

And you are correct, the blink you are experiencing is the step down when your battery is low.

When I was placing an order (10.2012), there was no choice - only 3 mode, always starts from Hi-mode. I see that strobo modes were discovered in 03.2012, so or Balder removed that feature in newer models, or I got old stock from CNQG.

I mailed Balder twice, no response;(

—EDIT:
Got mail from Balder - there were about 10% of SE-2 lights v2 without hidden modes. The only way to check my version is measure the regulation. I have multimeter - how to do this;)?
Charge battery, use it and check the voltage every 5 mins?

How many versions are there of this light and what are the differences?

Hello — first post here.

Thanks for the review.

I have the Lighthound version, unfortunately with the hidden modes.

Before I read your instructions, I hated it so much I had planned to send it back.

It’s a lot of light for the $$, well-made with good f&f. I was looking for a budget priced, high-grade cool light that’s bright.

The downside is the size and weight — it’s larger than I imagined. The tint is more purplish than I’m used to or care for. As for the hidden modes, I hope they stay hidden.

Bottom line: It’s a bit of a mixed bag for my taste. YMMV.

I like the Lighthouse version of the SE-1 much better.