Review: Black XIAOZHI CREE XM-L quickie review

Thanks for the measurements Tom, wish there were more real OTF measurements done on stock/modded lights, the claims/expectations/hopes are usually too high.

True - agree. Usually a cumulation of changes - adding heat sinking, better quality/thicker wires, better electrical ground on the driver, better mounting of the star (leveling - sanding/lapping, thermal grease/epoxy), etc.

The HD2011 came out nice above - added copper disc in there, 22 gauge silver tinned teflon wires, etc.

Got mine today. Not bad for the price. I had to take mine apart and blow dust off the reflector and re-center the switch. All is good. I'll take this one to work since I'm not too worried about getting it scratched. Mine whines on the medium mode. Not a big deal especially in the high noise environments I work in..

Edit: I fixed the whine by fully tightening the pill

Tomato Ketchup

Heinz is the absolute best

My Mrs grandad made the machine for testing Heinz’s tomato ketchup. (heinz is a 5 minute walk from mine) :slight_smile:

Sorry - I'm into organic ketchups now - cane sugar, not the high fructose corn syrup Heinz uses - I can eat ketchup (or my home-made habanero sauces) on almost anything...

Heinz in Canada (and I think everywhere but the US) uses sugar, not HFCS.

Thanks a lot! Sticky’d.

I put a XM-L2 T6 neutral tint in mine over the weekend - came out well, replacing a XML T6 1A. Like the tint on it, lost a little on lumens output, but very close. Was hoping it would run a little cooler but didn't notice any heat reduction. I was able to add a small copper disc inside the pill, but space is really tight in there - was thinking of adding 2 7135's to bring it up to 3.5A but this would only make sense if I had better control over the modes (turbo mode, etc.), so may re-visit this light when I get the program download capability - parts on order.

Also have to play with the emitter positioning a bit, maybe that's why I'm not getting better lumens - I removed the plastic LED alignment piece because of contact with the wires, so may have to get that back in while eliminating possibility of grounding out connections on the reflector.