Review: "BLF" Mini 01 Out-of-the-Bubble-Wrap Preview . . . going green

Sorry for the thread crapping ......

I don't take all the blame ....you sort of asked for it it with your poop on foy comment

BewilderedBoaz

Everyone has different needs, that’s why there are so many models.

Personally I like the 2% mode. It’s enough light for 95% of my needs. If I need more light, I can switch to 30. And for those 1 cases, I can use 100%.

The tint doesn’t bug me though I would have preferred CW.

Heretic!! :party:

I agree we all have different needs, but if I know I’ll use it mostly on 2% mode and rarely at 30% mode I simply wouldn’t kid myself into buying a high powered XM-L light to begin with.

It’s like buying a Shelby GT500 when you know you’d never even use WOT in a V6 Stang.

So for low light level use I personally would use a low output light that is direct drive/constant current so as to avoid PWM.

Will someone please remove the green o-ring and let us know if it makes any difference.

What can I say? I don’t need 400+ lumens 99% of the time but I just like having it available to show off. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, I just prefer things to work well for their intended use and being a jack of all trades always means compromise on everything :wink:

I keep a Mag Solitaire for low light use, no PWM no issues, no modes just on off. And something more powerful in my pocket. Covers all bases :smiley:

Cannot see much green in mine even when ring is there, so I haven’t bothered :stuck_out_tongue:

One glitch in driver, though:
Cycle fast: Low -> Med -> High -> Low -> Med -> High and on second round, Low sometimes does JUST that pre-flash without anything else. Light fully twisted, 100% sure contact.

So, the cycle goes: Low -> Med -> High -> Pre-Flash -> Low -> Med -> High -> Pre-Flash -> Low etc etc…
Anyone else having this??
Not a biggie but weird.
…and this does not happen everytime, I cannot say for sure what makes it happen but it can be done in repetitive fashion when it occurs.

Yep that happens to mine too. I mentioned it somewhere.

I just got mine today in the mail (yea!). Mine also does the preflash, but all in all the light is better than I expected and overall i’m 100% happy with the purchase. I absolutely love the super low-low setting as this is my first light with the low, this low. If there is anyone who doesn’t like theirs and wants to sell it off I would be interested in picking up another for the wife.

I’ll stick with the original TF mini, no green or pink to deal with. :wink:

Yeah, I destroyed the greypoupon thing . . .

I'm trying guys but I'm just not feelin' it with this light. I think it's handsome as hell but I'm still waiting on a "BLF light" that properly reflects what we are all about here. agenthex said it exactly right. It's a great flashlight with no lasting significance and it certainly doesn't reflect what I value in a torch. Of course, I don't think that was ever the goal and probably doesn't need to be. At $18 shipped; I'm not unhappy. Gonna do duty on Mrs. Foy's keychain.

missionaccomplishedFoy

(I still think it's too green)

Oops. Dropped mine from about 2 feet to “wooden” floor on top of carpet. Stopped working LOL!
Has to be very sensitive to dropping. I think it may be just bad connection so I will see if I can fix it…

Damn, you gotta be careful with these budget lights. I don’t think its suitable for keychain carry, and I’m very careful with my keys, don’t throw them on the table when I get home, etc.
I think its better in the jeans coins pocket, fits very snug, or just shelf queen this very nice looking light, got quite a few compliments with the original 01 mini

Your post says everything.
I have good and bad times in here but when I read opinions like above, I really know that I am in the right place.

Just got mine and I love them. The tint is a great 3C tint (looks like my other 3C lights) and it has no green in it all. This will definitely be added to my keychain and be there for a while.

Got it working. Bad contact from PCB -> body I guess. PCB moved a bit when it got hit.

I’d not got that far.

Oyster urine green doesn’t do it for me and never has.

Beyond that I own 50 CW lights for every NW or warmer.

But green is not a nice tint ever - only worse tint is cyan.

But i agree about special order lights.

Don, did you get one? Mine is not green at all, it is a perfect neutral 3C tint. :D

True I would probably care if mine was green, luckily it’s not or I just don’t notice it. I’ve got a few neutrals now, but I still prefer CW, as long as it’s not too blue.