Review: Calling Mr. Bond - APEX 5T6 (5 x XM-L T6 | 1-4 x 18650)

I know this light has been out for a while but I had a particular theme in mind for this review but just couldn't pull it all together so shelved it for a bit. However, was able to put in my research and have nearly wrapped it up. Got a few sections to go which should be up shortly. Hopefully you Bond fans enjoyed it (I blame it on the serial no...)

EDIT: In the unlikely event you haven't already, check out this excellent review of the 5T6 by _the_: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/9577

nice !!

nice review turboBB. I watch almost all ur youtube videoes. Anyways what’s a review without ever talking about the beamshots? throw distance and spill? It’s like pitching us a ferrari and no 0-60 mph stats. Just my 2 cents.

Definitely amusing, hope to see some actual measurements like your normal reviews though :wink:

Thanks for the creative and well-written review.

Wow, that's a very sharp lookin' torch! Thanks for the awesome review and beautiful pics turbo beep beep!

Ouu, I just love it, here’s mine against EYE30 0:)

I put some Carbon-Fibre look-alike sticker on all four flat battery case area & the handle as well.

Nice themed review. I still like the Mjölnir one best tho :wink:

Thx guys!

Indoors & Outdoors shots added w/links to threads that have comparo's vs. many other lights. Runtime will come later but in initial testing, it features unregulated output. I measured approx. 2200-2300 lms @ 30 seconds and lux @ 1m to be 19K. However, that can be quite inaccurate at this range since the beam is definitely not fully collimated yet given the spread of the 5 emitters.

Thanks for the review. The James Bond theme definitely keeps it interesting.

You make great pictures and a comprehensive review too. Thanks !

Thx gearjunkie & blord!

All, runtime & output section now posted. Def not 3000lms but still pretty bright nontheless (although non-regulated).

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks very much! Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.

Thanks for a great review. Entertaining also :wink:

Just got a ThruNite TN31 today and am comparing the 2 lights. What I notice is the ThruNite is brighter and has a brighter hot spot and seemingly brighter spill, it has less flood. What I like in my lights like these is light to come to my feet for walking so I can see everything, the Apex does that great, lights up the ground and around in in a perfect 180 degree bubble. The ThruNite does not, there is dark area until you get to the spill. I hope I am describing this correctly or well enough that people will know what I mean, but overall I think I prefer the Apex to the TN31 and will either return or sell the TN31 and keep the Apex. I will give it a couple more days to decide but as of now that seems to be how I am leaning.

Hi all (new one in this forum)

Is there a chance that the tail cap fit exactly to the head lamp ?
I mean can you screw the tail cap to the head lamp without the battery body, with or without the switch plate with springs ?

I know … strange question but I always like to transform all of my flashlights to bike lights or just like a OLIGHT x6 style that I like

Just an idea :

I usually make these tale caps my self but maybe this one is ready

Tnx

This maybe the first light I will sell. The PWM is really annoying me as I don’t really use the high mode often on this light. I think I’ll stick with the (original) DRY.

Nice review ,and the flashlight is nearly the same as FandyFire 5 X Cree XM-L T6 ,I wonder if anyone can post a review of fandyfire .

This kind of flashlight can be installed a rat tail switch?A lot of times when I push the tail cap switch,the wire always was broken.And for this flashlight,can we changed its bulb into SS-T90?

I finally made my APEX 5T6 Bike light project .
I believe that you will find it interesting.