[Review] Convoy L21A w/ KW.CULPM1.TG | We got a new throw king ! | Beamshots, Thermals and Output

Yes I be,8eve you are right about the 50e, since the driver is not running over 8ampa ever.
I run 40t, but only bc that’s all I have. 50e should be the same, unless there is some reason voltage sag or some other aspect takes place but I don’t know .

I don’t see any reason why you can’t use a 50E, but looking here I think the 40T probably performs better.

Certainly for the majority of the runtime. Or to put it another way, the larger capacity wouldn’t give you longer times, in fact probably shorter ones with less stability on the output.

Samsung 50E is now considered already an outdated cell, instead which you can get cells with similar capacity, but with better internal resistance (continuous current capability): 50G, 48X or (the currently hard to find, but fairly new and performant) 50S.

Chicken Drumstick, you can also look at 21700 discharge curves in the 26650 comparator (where all of the curve is shown).

And I might think, that 40T also starts to be a slightly outdated cell (but for the first third of its capacity, still pretty good), as for mid current applications, the 50G seems to be already a better choice - and once HKJ shares a test about 50S, I guess, that will be even better.