[Review] Convoy L6 diode GT-FC40 90CRI

I just received my Convoy L6 GT-FC40 as well and love it. At first I didn’t think it was as bright as expected, but this is often my reaction to most lights I receive as I’m so used to my mega bright multi emitter lights. The second night out with it though is when I really was impressed wit it. For a single emitter light this thing is both a great thrower and flooder! The perfect all around light for backyard/ back acre viewing for when my pups are out late at night doing their business. Gotta keep them safe from the critters out here. Overall nice tint and very bright, but not so power hungry like some other emitters out there.

A word of caution concerning chargers. The cells need to be equally charged if you want them to last. My order included 2 Lii-50A batteries and they were not equally charged. Used a DMM to compare. So 1st thing I did was put them in a Liitokala Lii-500 4 slot charger. After it indicated done I measured again and to my horror there was roughly a 0.5V difference (4.18 vs 4.23V). Not good…

Long story short, I ended up using a single slot charger to make sure both batteries get charged to exactly the same voltage.

A different type of beamshot :wink:

There’s something very satisfying about a powerful beam and a nice spill lighting up falling snow. Makes it more immersive than usual.

Convoy M26C and M3-C have 1x 26650 and it’s available with GT FC40