Review: Convoy L6, XHP70 N4 LED with a maximum output of 3800 lumens

Got mine today and am perfectly satisfied. Great light, great beam profile, great brightness, great price for performance. If you’re on the fence about this one, jump off!

Nice review. Thanks for all the work you put into it.

I am looking forward to trying out the Convoy L6.

Just received mine today. Visual inspection yields no unpleasant surprises. Yes, this thing is a TANK!

Before I invest countless hours in looking at the all the reviews and specs all over the interweb…

…Does it contain LVP (low voltage protection) if unprotected batteries (which are not recommended) are used?

Yes around 6v it kicks in

Thanks very much, Speed4goal, for the quick and useful answer.

Torch on!

I really liked the way you did the beam shots with the control and the distances marked out in GE.

Nicely done,

Bob

No problem I USD unprotected 5200mah evva 26650, sometimes I use the protected 5000mah thorfire ones. Sometimes I’ll use spacers and run it on hg2, 30q, or mj1 all with no issues. Except the 18650s don’t last as long on turbo of course. If I know I won’t be running turbo but just using high I’ll run the 18650 to save on weight. For holiday use like at the beach for the 4th and Halloween with my kids etc. It will have 26650s in case it needs to be used as a weapon for whatever reason.

To the op, I do suggest if you want to use 26650 protected batteries consider the thorfire 5000mah. I get about 5100 out of mine. They are rated at 10amps continuous. Can be found on amazon and bangood for $18/pair. But if your happy with your PVC spacers that works to. Just rereading this thread noticed the protected ones you bought couldn’t produce enough power

Thanks for your advice, Sir.
I’ll be ordering few couples of protected 26650 pretty soon :slight_smile:

OK, so my self control is non existent! When I first joined this forum I stated that I had all of the lights I wanted or needed and wiser heads chimed in with the truth. Since then I bought 2 “tube” lights, and a bunch of tiny AA lights using primary lithiums for places where my old eyes need more light, such as in the DVD cabinet to see the fine print, in each vehicle, at the desk for fine work, yada, yada. Then a Convoy L2, and now this L6. Batteries have yet to arrive, but my L2 came with spacers for 18650s so if the L6 comes in I’m hoping I can use those spacers temporarily.

OK, so for real this time… my last light (ROTFLMAO at that statement!) will be the BLF Q8.

Don’t misunderstand, I love the little C8s, but it’s just too cool to have all sorts of power, and be able to run the light at lower usable outputs for a really long time and w/o the heat problem (or with heat that’s handled better).

But I do have a question. Are there accessory “snap on” lanyards available for the big lights? It would be nice to just have it hang at my waist when not required. My old Sunlight diving lights had wrist lanyards that worked great, so even a wrist lanyard would be fine. It doesn’t need to go over the neck.

Thanks folks!

Edit: My L6 came in yesterday but I don’t have my 26650 batteries yet. So I used the spacers that came with the L2 in the L6. It was enough power to see what the light will do. Yup, it’s bright. It might actually become my “every night” light for doing night time chores. It isn’t a thrower, but it has plenty of throw for me. It lights things up plenty bright out to 100 yards.

Hi everybody,
I’ve been lurking in the shadows here for a while. Now I try and step in to the light and ask a hopefully not too obvious question: how much current can the L6 draw? I have a pair of darkblue Enerpower protected 26650s that HJK says can deliver 7A (Test of EnerPower 26650 4500mAh (Dark blue)). But the output on Max seems about the same with a pair of HG2’S rated for 20A, though I have no way to measure but by eyesight.
Can anyone enlighten me?

I think the stock is 5.5 amps.

Thanks!

Low - 50 ma
Med’ - 200 ma
Hi - 1700 ma
Turbo - 5200 ma

haha i’m hopeless as I have one of these on the way …… now with what you said here

dose this mean that we can use this to extent the battery tube so we can use cells longer

that 70mm as I have been reading that the best cell to use are the protected keeppower

cell 5200mah .

No, it does not extend the battery tube.

No it doesn’t alter the length of the battery tube. You just replace the sharp corner tactical grip ring with a plain smooth one… they screw around the outside of the battery tube. They are not a “series” connected component.