[Review] Convoy S21F EDC with tint shift

I measured it 3 times to make sure. Maybe my sample is faulty (certainly the soldering isn’t great). I’ll test my second batch sample at some point.

I bought one in April and just picked it up today and it will not come on each time. some times it will come on but not change modes can not ramp or turn off once it is on. It seems like it has no connection to the switch since it takes no input other than disconnecting the battery. Has anyone had something similar happen?
TIA chris

1 Thank

Yes, mine developed the same issue 2 weeks after receiving. I had to take it apart and drop some alcohol into the switch and repeatedly pressing it to clean the internal contacts. After that it worked fine. Not a very good experience, especially I got a damaged emitter too. Simon sent me a replacement 519A and I reflowed it on to fix it.

Honestly not really happy about the quality control of this model. All previous orders have been good.

I was going to order the M21H new model but I’m still wary of the QC issues. I will wait for user reviews before I make a decision this time.

2 Thanks

How hard is it to take apart? TIA
C

After second day of usage button stopped working properly just like yours.

1 Thank

Finally found my tool to unscrew the inner ring. But the driver seems to be pushed and blocked between threads. How did you pull it out?

Edit for anyone with similar issues:

Pulling out driver was problematic so with a help from @koef3 (big thanks) I managed to slide tiny flat screwdriver between rubber and blue ring and using a lever pull the blue locking ring out. That revealed the switch inside which I put a drop of electrical sealer/cleaner on and pressed several times for cleaner to go inside the switch. Switch working from now on, no idea for how long though.

But if you are pedantic like me be very careful because there is a very high risk of scratching flashlight.

Also I have been told not to swap lenses or risk damage to the switch and or driver. I must ask then why sell a pack of four various replaceable lenses with diff characteristics?
Is that not gonna cause problems?

Convoy is still not for noobs. You need to be very careful when switching out the quad lens or it could easily damage the emitter domes. I love tinkering with light that’s why I buy a lot of Convoys. But if I was to gift one to a friend, I’d go with either Sofirn, Wurkkos or some other noob friendly brand / models. Sure they have bad colored emitters and shit drivers, but they are not experienced enough to tell LOL.

And to this day the switch of my S21F is still working perfectly.