Review: DRY cool white, 4-mode/step-down

Thanks fora all your battery referrals, just ordered them.

Here's the amps my DRY pulls on turbo with step down using trustfire flame 3000mah's from Manafont.

Follow up:

My Dry is still performing admirably. To be sure, it spends a lot of time on the shelf but no light in my collection can wow even non-flashaholics like the Dry. As more times passes, the simple design becomes its strength. It's a big, heavy powerhouse that never fails to turn on and never stops impressing.

There's a reason the Dry group buy is perhaps the most successful in BLF history; honest value, as-promised performance, as-promised delivery and a near zero failure rate.

All sellers should do so well.

howdryiamFoy

4-28-13 update

Been a year since my last update and after loading three unprotected Panasonic CGRs (tested to confirm identical voltage) turned it on and was yet again, amazed by its output. Then I realized it was only on high, not turbo.

My concerns about everyday utility turned out to be true, at least for me. It's just too fat and heavy for EDC and it's hard for me to be casual about a 3 x 18650 powered flashlight pulling 4.5 amps. Its wow factor is great fun, however and it looks and functions as it did the day I got it.

Foy

Yeah it has been over one and a half year! The DRY has getting lesser attention as newer multi-emitter lights have come to market, and DRY has a tailcap switch… But it is still a powerful light with good modes, which cannot be found in most lights even until today.

Nobody do the 3*XM-L2 U2 mod on DRY yet?

I just dedomed mine yesterday. It was clean removal for the 2nd and the 3rd emitter, but the 1st was not a clean removal (uneven residue dome) . I used the solder gun and fingernail technique because I am too lazy to pull the three stars out from the body.
It has a more distinct hotspot but beam profile is a little ringy. Also appears out of focus a little. Will fine tune it later when get a chance.