Review: Fandyfire Rook (Cree XM-L T6 | 3 x AA or 3 x 14500)

Thanks just got this today. Was wondering what the difference was using 14500 vs AAs. -not anymore thx

Just a quick picture of my Rook with some of my other lights (EA4, Rook, SK68 clone, SC52, i3s). The Rook is the exact same size as the EA4.

I have been looking over and measuring my FF Rook, and i have determined there is just enough metal under the side “lands” that i can bore out the battery body to the size to hold a single 26650, or a single “C” size Alkaline, after machining out two spacers for the end cap and head area to lengthen it, to accept the longer 65mm Lithiums, and a modded base spring and forward contact plate. (This should give the Rook a better run time, and allow even a 18650 to work with a plastic side spacer.) also this will give me just enough room in the side of the battery tube to add a mini-clickie switch wired to the ground spring, to shut off the light and eliminate the parasitic drain when not in use.
Looks like i have a project mod here to do. :slight_smile:

I was reading older reviews, and I ran into this post, and noticed that Cone is at exactly 2000 posts.

I haven’t forgotten my promise, Joat. Nor did getting to 2000 go unnoticed by me. I will be giving one away. In the intervening two years, I gave the one I ordered away, so I’ve ordered another one and once I have it in my hands, there will be a GAW.

In the meantime, try to contain your excitement. :stuck_out_tongue: