Review: Ganzo G706 Double blade folding knife

Do you think it’s possible it is actually some of those stock leftovers that somebody forgot in a box in the factory :wink: ? I mean, this knife is not that popular and maybe not worth to fake ( relatively elaborate). Since they carry other srm’s and ganzo’s it looks logical to me. And if you check again the pictures, you’ll see that the adjustment and machining are pretty neat but (thanks Fasttech for quality pics) it is freaking dirty (old overstock, QC rejects…) and the box had some tough times too.
My bet goes for real OEM item but with possible minor flaws

Well, i don’t know if it is a OEM with flaws or not, i only know that that knife isn’t the ganzo g706 (you can see at the box and on the logo blade), you can’t see “ganzo” on anywhere.

If i want buy that model i would buy the real ganzo 706 of this review. Too many bad quality chinese fakes copies around… It’s only my opinion of course.

That pivot hole really kills it for me, too exotic looking.

I know , Xatu, but the thing is that the original model is the Gerber One, for which Ganzo is the oem producer. They i guess that legally rebranded it as 706. I agree with you about prefering the ganzo -though both manufactured by the same people in the same factory, for two reasons: a) not a big fan of gerber and b) customs here in germany would probably keep the “copy” and get me troubles. Por cierto, feliz navidad y no comas mucho turron! :party:

Feliz navidad a ti también. Es inevitable que caiga algún turrón/bombones etc, jaja. Y tú cuidadito con el alcohol que es más peligroso que el turrón :wink:

si tu supieras…. me he dejado el alcohol ( y eso aqui en alemania son palabras mayores) para gastarmelo en pijadillas de los chinos , jeje :wink:

@ Sintro: i thought so too before getting it. But actually it makes a lot of sense in this knife, and remember it packs two blades on the size of a srm 763. Not bad….

I have a bunch of Chinese knives from SRM, Enlan, Ganzo, etc. I like almost all of them but I have owned a few that I considered flops. Unfortunately this is one of the rare flops.

On mine, the plain blade was gritty and hard to open. After taking it apart and cleaning it up, it is better but not super smooth or easy to open. Still feels wrong. The serrated blade was fine. That was the only grip I had about quality. Besides that, the quality is very good.

My main complaints have to do with design not quality. In general, it is a clumsy and non-ergonomic design. The clip is almost useless as it is too tight and snags on pants pockets. The handle is thick and unwieldy. The blades are too short and not positioned well do to the reversible design. The finger hole is too small to be any real use and basically ruins any chance the knife had of being a decent two blade folder.

On a 5 star ranking, I would give it 3 for quality, 4 for value, 2 for design.

Hi Speedsix,
both i purchased (exduct) were completely flawless. Maybe just luck, maybe good batch… don’t know. And about the design, for me it’s just the opposite: great specific design for climbers. For other purposes… not so much but again, this is like the Gerber EOD, good for its purpose.

Daggers and blades have been used by military and citizens, leaders and peasants, maniacs and high-priests. They have been used for everything from consuming supper to individual forfeit and a whole lot in between. Adhere to us on this humorous-yet-accurate discussion on the record of the sharp knife.