Review: HXY-18650-2A dual-bay charger

It looks very different inside:
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.2.QidmNs&id=12494384338&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=

The gut pictures show that it is using a LM358 chip. It is a dual op-amp chip similar in function to the one (LM213) used in this charger.

I don’t know how its circuit design works out to a cc/cv or close to a cc/cv charging algorithm of li-ion battery, or if it is even trying to simulate cc/cv.

LM358 and LM213 are no like the TP4056, TP4057 or LTC4054 that have the cc/cv charging algorithm for li-ion battery built-in into the chip.

Another concern is the way the circuit is connected up to the mains (AC100v-240v) line. The bargain charger at wallbuys has exposed prongs that are also dangerously close to each other inside the case of the charger. There is not even a insulated wall separating the two high voltage prongs inside the case.

I have opened one up and will try to post pictures once I have learned how to put up pictures in a topic thread.

Looking forward to your update :slight_smile:

Picture below is bottom part of the case with the AC plug in close position

Picture below is another shot of bottom part of the case with the AC plug in close position

Picture below is bottom part of the case with the AC plug in open position

Picture below; bottom part of case with AC connector close position; top half of case with the circuit board and the AC prongs contact flat folded metal spring at the left and middle part of the picture.

The IC used in this circuit is the LM324 on the lower part and right side of the circuit board

Picture below shows folded metal spring contact for internal side of AC plug. There is no protection insulation separating the two AC contact points.

verge, Ive got 2 of those horrible things sitting around. Do you think they would make for a descent set of wheel chocks or should I just drive over them to end their misery?

I have 3 more of those dangerous chargers. I am planning to take out the internal circuit and replace it with two pieces of TP4056 charger modules. I’m also figuring out how to include the small digital voltmeter.

I am guessing the 4.35v version is just as dangerous?

I can’t find simple chargers to charge the higher voltage cells,
but judging from the poor feedback on the 4.20v model,
I may skip this one as well…

Hi All,

Anyone scared of this charger, please, send it to me. I’ll pay shipping.
Any quantity. Thank you Carlos.

PS, you can PM me for the address.