REVIEW IMALENT DX80 COMPLETE.

It looks like R8 and R9 are missing or else burned up. I wonder how moisture got in there?

Thanks for the pics. :+1:

Wow! So Imalent sent you another new battery pack or the whole light?
Can you ask them whether the new battery pack has new design that prevent this burn?

With 2 little holes in the aluminium cap you could have opened it. Its a pity that you have destroyed it.
If you would have asked, I had suggested it to you.

Can you make a better picture of the battery-balancing board?

I go a whole new flashlight - exactly the same model - I see no difference anywhere.

I don't know what you all paid for it, but I bought it amazon.de (germany) via Ulanda-EU at 283,88 EUR . https://www.amazon.co.uk

/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&orderID=&seller=AEGCAPSD84TTN&tab=&vasStoreID=

It was within the warranty. So, this was a very nice support case for me :)

But I cannot remember getting it near water.. and shouldn't it be IP67 whatever certified .. :D

@Wieselflinkpro You are right - I should have - lesson learned. Here are some more pics about the whole board, some chips and the damage - have fun.

Nice pics codenox, thanks! I was reading elsewhere that someone said they can actually see the driver through the fins and when they dropped the dx80 for a very short time in water, it died. From what I understand so far, whatever Imalent may put in the specs, I think this light can not be anywhere near water.

In case anyone here hasn’t heard yet, Imalent has just released their newest MS12 model which is 53000 lumen. It’s fan cooled.

Did they send you a complete new flashlight or only a battery pack?
My battery pack is died too. :cry:
Do you have an email from the imalent support?

Man I recently purchased this flashlight last week, and after reading this forum has me a little worried so many in just this small community have had trouble with the light. I am going to be using it in a little cave run today so it should several hours straight we will see how it hold ups. I will not be pushing for HIGH levels of light, i will most likely stay at 1500 which is more than enough.

Imalent has two problems, reliability and CS. Their 5 year warranty is a you pay warranty.

Well using the light went good, got home checked batteries which were at 15.8v and guess what…… it wont charge…… GRRRRRR

Plug in the power adapter the red light comes on it, plug it into the light and the screen flickers the battery symbol with 5 bars and than goes right back off. I have tried removing head and letting it sit and than trying again same difference. While plugged in the light will not turn on which I have read it shouldn’t. I am at a lost here is their anything I am missing here?

Also didn’t notice this when I received it but mine didn’t come with a holster, I made the comment walking it would have been nice to have one to put on the outside of my backpack my wife said the picture online showed it came with one and sure enough we double checked the box and no holster

Have you measured voltage with a DMM to confirm 15.8v is a correct reading? It does come with a holster for sure, so they must have forgot to include one with yours.

I remember that one of the issues were bad power adaptors in 110v countries. People went out and bought their own laptop chargers. I think Imalent got that issue fixed, though.

If your power adapter is not fried, then there might be an issue in the light itself. Hopefully someone has some more suggestions to try.

Yea I did check with a DMM it was 15.72v. I dunno what I did but I cleaned the pads on the head (did not look dirty at all) and wiped the top of the battery and than put it back together, and tried again it still didn’t work I unscrewed the head again and put it back together and it started charging. I don’t know exactly how to proceed, the inside of the light has a very distinct smell of burnt electronics. I know new products do sometimes during initial use. Not sure if I just send this thing back as I have only had it 3 days or take a chance.

Noticed something weird the top of the battery looks like someone didn’t have gloves on and their is a finger print that I can’t clean off of the + on the top. I know it wasn’t me when I took it apart I didn’t even put my hand close to that area.

Does your OLED Screen stay on while using the light? I watched a youtube review video and I thought it showed the OLED on while the flashlight was on just want to verify.

Also thank you very much for your responses and also verification that it does come with a holster I was wondering if maybe they changed something. Mine came with light of course, 2ea o-rings, lanyard and printed manual

I sold my DX80 and forgot if the screen stays on or not. The burnt electronic smell doesn't sound right. Mine never had a strange smell at all.

My DX80 is still working fine, but I’ve only used it minimally. The OLED screen comes on for a few seconds when the button is pressed, but the blue LEDs on each side stays on when the light is on.

KuoH

isnt that kinda pointless buy a light of that size to only run it at 1500 lumens? better have a convoy l6 or even a blf q8 for fraction of price and still tons of lumens.

I am so glad i didnt buy this light, i think many buyers fall for omg omg it has 32k lumens bla bla bla… but when the light suffers from serious QA issues and flaws then sorry i wouldnt even pay 100$ for this light.

Well no about the lumens have you ever been in a cave and used 1500lumens it is more than quite enough light, about the rest I do have a Q8 and love the light but the DX80 is on a whole different level. No other light I have used can sustain 1500+ lumens for the whole cave trip without getting steamy hot. However I do agree the QC issues i think are too much for me I am going to return the light.

It seems that I am a very lucky person because my DX80 works very well as it should.

That is killer!! The light is awesome thats for sure, the amount of light it puts out is crazy. Its cooling works quite good, what has me worried plain and simple is the warranty issues behind Imalent not standing behind their products. I have decided to return mine for a refund. :cry: With its charging issue and no holster I just don’t wanna deal with shipping it back to overseas to them.

Make sure they pay for shipping it back. It may cost in excess of $60.