REVIEW IMALENT DX80 COMPLETE.

After reading quite a bit on this forum and another one about issues I have decided to send the light back for a refund. It is a shame that Imalent’s support is horrible I have been emailing about my issue we have went through several days of e-mails and still feels like they are chasing their tail and not really putting any effort into helping.

So they wont give a refund ?

That’s not what he’s saying.

Imalent is giving him the runaround on the warranty part, not the refund part.

My DX80 works again.

The battery-curcuit dies for a period of time, if the battery is hot.

I have driven the flashlight into terminal stepdown and charged the battery directly afterwards. Firstly it charges and later the battery will disconnect by circuit.
I hope they send me a new Battery-board and shrink-tube.

This exactly, have spent days emailing to no solution just repeating the same thing over and over. Never once offering to replace the holster just saying pretty much they understood I didn’t get one. I mentioned the electronic odor inside the light and they ignored it and kept repeating that I needed to screw the head and battery tube tighter. I did do that, and told they and they still repeated it. It was intermittently charging one time you could plug it in and it would charge next few times it wouldnt.

As I said previously this is beyond a dang shame it is a killer light if there customer support would be better I would have taken a chance. Also the button is beyond to soft to press. Lockout needs to be more than just a press and hold to unlock for a second. I wish it was press and hold to lock but like a triple of quad click to unlock. Anyways sorry for cluttering this thread

Nah, it’s good to get user feedback.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Our DX80 died within two weeks of new.

Fortunately I bought it from Amazon Prime [using a promo code], so the return was simple and painless.

Did you end up getting another one or just a refund?

Really sad they dont give a F about the problems u describe, really they should not even make flashlights as they dont even give a damn when a customer has issues on something they created and should support… wow……

Refund.

Unless their quality [and CS] greatly improves, I’m done with Imalent.

I just want to ask the users here how many own the light that have NO issues? NOT asking to stir anything just interested to see how many have this light and use the light that have NO issues. I really do hate this light didn’t work out for me, just want to find out if i am a small % or if this light really has a high failure rate

Mine has been working fine for the year or so I’ve had it, but I’m not a heavy user. Still wows everyone I show it to, then I kick it into turbo! :smiley:

KuoH

By reading all the comments, this light definitely has an abnormal failure rate, but mine still works fine (fingers crossed). Got it 3 months ago and no issue thus far. I only used it for ~ 10h total though so maybe the problems will come later, but for now, it works like it should and the output is quite impressive.

I really want one of these, especially since Banggood.com is offering them at $200 for the next couple of days. But now, after reading these forum postings, I’m fairly nervous about the possibility of losing $200 if it doesn’t work properly. For now I’ll continue to use my Astrolux MF01 and just pretend that it is lighting up the area as well as the Imalent DX80 would. It’s not that I need all of that light, I just want all of that light.

Maybe wait for the Astrolux MF03. It should be around 30,000 lumen with better reliability. It is dual switch. 8 xhp70.2 for flood and a single xhp35-HI for throw. It might be a couple months though. I’m in no rush.

Now I am jealous you have the Astrolux MF-01 I have been on the hunt for one for awhile, I am trying to not order from Banggood from all the horror stories of CS

What is CS? I ordered from them all the time. So do a lot of people.

Do you mean customer service like if you have some kind of problem with your order? They are the typical customer service you get from any store in China. Let’s say you get a defective light. At first they may try to ignore you, then they may try to give you a small amount of your money back to appease you. You just have to be persistent and eventually they will send a replacement. It’s the same basic tactic you get with Gearbest and AliExpress. Once you understand their pattern, there’s nothing to be concerned about.

This is not to be confused with warranty related issues from Imalent.

Yea sorry shouldn’t have been lazy and just typed it, Pretty much what you stated is what I have read on here and Reddit. I know quite a few people were saying they have to send quite a few e-mails to get any kind of response. I haven’t ordered anything through Gearbest or Aliexpress either, just worry about the horrible support. Refusing to order from these companies kills my flashlight game lol…….Anyways sorry yet again I am cluttering this thread

Got my DX80 for $217 a few months ago. It probably has a couple hours of use total, no issues so far. I believe the current $200 sale is the lowest it has ever been.

It was actually $179 many months ago when they were trying to unload them.