Review: JAX Mini C8

Great review!! Would like to see a GB on this.

Pretty safe bet that wont be happening…

Oh no, another C8 lookalike! I always liked the form factor of the C8, but find the head design really really ugly, and exactly that ugly head design is what Jax has copied here :sick:

Thanks for the fine review, Krono, the build quality of this light looks great! But for the design I like the Convoy M2/M1 much better.

Different strokes for different folks I think. I for one love the design of the C8, it’s very ergonomic.

I love this man :smiley:

C’mon Kronos, you are the Man, you can do it!! :party:

Cons: its JAX

I can’t understand why you guys bash against Jax that hard and want to tell other people what they have to like or post here in blf.

acebeam killed two of “my” sales because the MAP…

JAX is in the MAP bandwagon already?! :expressionless:

jax bash against BLF ,they killed BLF group buys.

May be off-topic: Sorry to jump in, but if you all like the mini C8 form factor, but the JAX is too expensive (it seems to be to me), then maybe consider the Romisen RC-G2, which is a lot cheaper, and available at a number of places, e.g.:

http://www.tmart.com/Romisen-RC-G2-130-Lumens-CREE-P2-LED-Flashlight_p112836.html

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/Categories

[NOTE: I think the ones from shiningbeam.com are slightly different design internally than the tmart.com ones - there’re some threads here at BLF about that.]

NOTE also that these are 1 x AA and single mode, but the one from tmart.com, which I have used as quad hosts, are very mod-friendly.

Again, sorry if this is off-topic.

What's MAP?

Treasure

Mfg assured pricing.

I think its “minimum advertising price”

that’s why the Chinese shops give us codes and not just sell for the lower price…

Would anyone happen to know the diameter and length of the reflector in this light?

31.8mm OD (28mm ID) x 25mm long.

Thank you sir.

Only flat 18650s, gitd boot, op reflector, no switch cutouts, alu star, blinkies…

Finally got mine together with a 2100mAh Nanjg 105C and a T4 B5 high CRI. :smiley: It’s a keeper! :beer:

Aww, banggood won’t let me get one of these. :frowning:
They look awesome, hopefully new stock will come in soon.

My lens has a small scratch in the AR coating so I’ve been looking for replacements but it’s not a common size. Thankfully, I found an old thread linking to where many different sizes can be found. The 33.27mm is close enough to the 33.42mm I measured:

Banggood should offer replacement lens or a spare should be included.