Review: KD C8 CREE XML T6 1000 Lumen 5-Mode LED Flashlight (1*18650) SKU: S009844

I agreed with you,501b t6 can not be compared with C8 Cree xml T6,but for 501B cree xml u2,it will be better,though the U2 is not so stable.

Keep hearing a buzzing sound, but not always and not always as hard.

The driver is having a whinge

how to get over the buzzing sound?

Get a wife who whinges more. That way the light won't seem too bad........

this is for scheven_architect

drop KD an email telling them whats up, if they send you a new driver, desolder the center spring, desolder the driver from the brass pill, desolder the two wires from the emmiter after removing the plastic ring covering it and resold to the new driver wires then fill the gap between the driver and brass pill with thermal past (optional) and resolder the driver to the brass pill then resolder the sping the the center, make sure all solder jonts are true and correct you dont want any cold solder joints, it is hard to solder the driver to the brass pill and the pill takes a bit to heat up but the driver does not and check all joins you make and that where on the driver, i used a 35 watt and 70 watt soldering iron to mend my kd c8 and settled for 1.5 amp on crap batteries the draw is less on good trustfireflames.

this is the driver that is in mine and KD sent me this driver as a replacment, but KD tell me the kd c8 is direct drive..... i have not bothered with it.

if kd dont send you a new driver you might have to buy one if you realy want to fix the buzzing, you have a 1 in 5 chance

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=11372

if you where in australia i would send you my spare kd c8 driver, if you do want to go ahead and replace the driver you will need some basic tools

solder

flux paste

thermal paste (optional)

an adjustable wattage soldering iron (i used two soldering irons (35 watt fine tip and 70 watt flat tip) as the brass pill can take some heat to get the solder to run)

a digital multi meter to test the new drivers you dont what to put in a dud one.

and i use a soldering multi tool it has 4 arms on it with clips, it will help with holding the battery spring in place and the driver in place when soldering it realy helps.

? magifing glass to check factory joints on the driver can help as my eye are not as good as they once where

if you dont have these items (i did already) it might cost to much or be to much trouble to replace the driver so keep using it till it stops or look into a better torch.

or check these out

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3439

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3304

or some thing realy nice in the budget price range

JETBEAM BC40

I think I'll let it buzz and hope for the best. If it's dead silent, i can hear it up to 50cm so when using it in a normal fashion it shouldn't bother me i hope.

Wait a few years.

I thought my camera was broken, failing to emit the focus lock beep.

Then I found out it wasn't... Wink

I hope I like mine.

Hello. I have a few questions. Does anyone know if the 3-mode KD C8 will have the same ~3amp draw as the 5-mode? Are there any decent holsters around for the C8, or at least one that will work? I'm diggin The 3 mode. I hate sos, but strobe has been useful to me for more than one reason. Does anyone know how low the low is on the 3-mode? I hope it's spaced out well. 100 lumens sounds great. Maybe even lower. I know that's a high hope though.

I am pretty sure the 3 mode is direct drive on high, but not 100% positive.

i know the c8 fits the jetbeam bc40 holder but thats no good to you unless you own that light as it would work out as an expencive holder loll

Hello everyone,

I received this flashlight yesterday and measured with my DMM 1,06A draw on high with a brand new and fully charged Hi-Max 2600mAh @4.23V.

Today I will borrow professional DMM from my friend and remeasure. Let's hope it's my DMM and not the flashlight...

I bought this open bottom C8 holster, about .5 inch of the tail sticks out the bottom.

Mine is well made and just $2.18 delivered

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraFire-Black-Nylon-Holster-117-Flashlight-Torch-/260758373325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb66903cd

There are full coverage C8 holsters on Ebay too, but they are more bulky.

Ok, with proper DMM I measured ~2.6A draw on high, so it's all good!

My old SSC P7 draws ~2.1A and now I'm waiting the dark for comparison and testing

It's amazing what a difference good thick leads make when measuring flashlight currents. Glad your light is okay, tine. Welcome to BLF!

I spent 45 minutes with my dremel tool and some polish. Now my light looks as good as it performs! Two weeks ago I went motorcycle camping with about 15 folks and there was no electricity . everybody had flashlights and some had expensive surefire lights. My buddy Geoff has over 150 dollars into his . This light not only blew them all away, but it was brighter than some of the motorcycle headlights. As folks were setting up their tents they would leave their headlight on to see why they set up. I would come over with this light and it was brighter than some of the headlights.. pretty impressesd so far.

Nice work, Skip! Gives me some ideas to dress up my very boring looking TR-3T6.

Ordered. Thanks. How long till it arrived?

good question, I ordered one too and I am also curious