Review - KDLIGHT C8 XPL-HI V3 SMO 18650

A very nice thing for me , is a flashlight like Convoy C8 , without pill . And a retaining ring for the driver .

I’ll aim to buy a new Convoy C8 with the integrated head to compare against for future C8 reviews. Has anyone actually proven that the heat management for a C8 with an integrated head is clearly improved over one with the removable pill?

I just got a new KDLIGHT C8, the machining is great, the low is pretty low, and it has nice throw. Mine has an issue cycling between modes though, I usually have to half press 2 to 3 times to get it to change modes. Other than that I really like it.

Odd issue you have, possibly switch or otherwise driver related.

I’ve ordered a Convoy C8 XPL HI with Cool White. This will enable a direct comparison with the KDLIGHT C8. When it comes in I’ll add some further comments on how they compare. Should be interesting to see how they compare. I’m not sure if the Convoy if the 8x7135 in the Convoy provides 2.8A or 3.04A. This is where a difference may be noticed in brightness and throw.

Hi Rolz
How did the CONVOY C8 XPL-HI compare against the KDLIGHT C8 XPL-HI V3?

Did you end up getting the Convoy with the integrated head?

I’ve got a few of the Thorfire C8S’ (XM-L2) with the integrated head and they seem to manage heat well.