Review: Lightmall's C12 UltraFire XM-L2

Yup, I guess we just got to try. Thanks 18sixfifty for your review. It did help my decision making easier. :wink:

That is LightMalls on Ali…

Still no c8 and c12?

reporting back….my lightmalls c8 xml2 and c12 arrived today…finally, took about a month.

as i stated earlier, i dont have a lux meter or any kinda meter. but by judging with my eyes, comparing to some flashlights that i have with confirmed lumens, id say they are both around the 1000-1200 max mark.

both lights have almost identical beam pattern. the c8 has more of a cooler tint but nowhere close to being purple or anything. while the c12 is a bit more warm. they both have a outer ring around the beam.
the flood and spill is very big. its one of the floodiest c8’s out there in fact without having a orange peel reflector.

let me tell you guys, i have a thing with c8’s and i have had quite a few, and this light malls c8 is the bomb! its not completely dark here yet, but it looks as though its outhrowing my c8 champ, the kdc8!

c12 is not bad, but get the c8 xml2 instead!

Thanks for postback.

My mini review of the Lightmalls XML2 C12 can be found here.

orederd it 2weeks ago

Talked to Jenny Zeng at AliExpress (which I heard is the same as Lightmalls) and managed to convince her to make a custom Ultrafire C12.

I asked her to add the AMC 7135*8 driver to her existing C12 XM-L2 U3 flashlight and she agreed. Below is the link to the webpage for ordering. I ordered one and is now waiting for delivery. It is not mentioned in the order page but she assured me that it would be an XM-L2 U3 LED.

Ultrafire C12 AMC*7135

At USD $19.90, I think it is a reasonable price. I had earlier bought the C12 XM-L2 U2 version (with “normal” driver”) from her and was very satisfied with the light output. I think this would be even better.

Will probably post an update once I received the flashlight from her :slight_smile:

Cheers!

as i said long time ago…their C8 XML2 still brighter than their C12 XML2,
even my C12 XML2 U3 is still less brighter than their C8 XML2.

hopefully with the new driver it might help, but i already have 6 C8 &C12 :Sp

I still don’t quite understand why their C8 should be brighter than their C12, unless they are using different drivers?

Try and mod my lightmallsXML2-U2. Iordered the AMC 7!35 chips and a XML-2-5 @5000K. Emitteron a 16mm pure copper star from Illumination Supply, it will be my first attempt at a mod so we have to see!

@thank you Velectron….i wait for your opinions :wink:

Best of luck light junkie. Sounds like it will be a nice light. If I remember correctly, the reflector centering ring is not that great on the C12. I really like the butterfly shaped ones at FT. They work real nice on most lights, especially the C12.

oh boy thanks for reminding me about the centering ring I didn’t order any but thanks to you I will now .

I don’t have the C8 or C12 from LM and my reflectors center with the corners of the LED pad. The insulator is just a flat round sticker.

Properly centering the emitter dramatically improves the beam. Makes sense as the reflectors are designed with a focal point that is smack dab in the center. Most reflectors have some wiggle room for the emitter to get off center. Since the emitters do not emit light a full 180 degrees (more like 120 degrees), lifting the reflector slightly generally helps too. Try these out. You'll like them.

https://www.fasttech.com/product/1182004

you had responded to a post I had put up about modding a C12 which had A LOT of good informatio , links as what I would need you even had mentioned a 8AMC7135. dri er from fasstech @2800 mah. I was looking at @ illumination supply and they had a qlite 350 mah 8 AMC 7135.driver to go do you think this would be okay for c12mod? I apologize to keep asking very basic questions iam really new to this and this will be my first real attempt to mod, thanks .

A lot of people seem to prefer that driver over the one I recommended. I haven't used one yet, but I think it is supposed to have better modes, 380mA chips, and no buzz/hum at the lower levels. So I say go for it.

For me, I'm good with the FT driver because I program my own modes, almost always add more chips anyway, and have never had the buzz/hum problem. I think the buzz thing happens more if a driver isn't well grounded to the light.

Is because ofslightly higher out put and like you said I can't program modes.sorry I I'm now I keep aking same questions over and over .

No reason to apologize. Asking questions until you fully understand is a good sign of intelligence.

Yes, higher output. FT chips are 350mA. So 8 chips would theoretically give you 2.8 amps of current to your emitter. The qlite has 380mA chips (someone here has determined they are not true 380. Mayby Comfychair?). So 8 chips would theoretically give you 3.04 amps of current to your emitter. I don't know the modes, but I believe I heard they have 4 non-blinkie modes. Sorry you will have to check that part out. Hopefully, someone that knows first hand about qlites well chime in.