Review//Lixada 3800 Lumen Triple

Ok folks I also have the Trustfire TR-3T6 which is pretty much the same light with the same output as the Lixada 3800 Triple with both in stock form. I was wanting to know what these lights would do modded, but I have not modded a side switch light or tried anything with multiple cells yet so I was really hesitant to mess with this light.

Since the 2 lights are nearly identical, I sent my TR-3T6 over to Dale for a slight overhaul to see what kind of difference he could get out of it. This light was doing a disappointing 1389 lumens according to Dales meter when he got it, now with the tweaks he did (using stock driver and just tweaked it) and some dedomed XM-L2 emitters on Noctigons instead of the T6’s that came in it, the light is doing close to the rated 3800 lumens now with about double the amps it had stock.

As for the light that is coming out of it now?
Well I will let you be the judge of that with the beamshot comparisons below……….

Stock 50yds (High)

Modded 50yds (High)

Stock Gate 100yds

Modded gate 100yds

Stock 175yds

Modded 175yds

Wow…Dale strikes again! That is darn impressive, and seems relatively inexpensive for the output. The tint is also MUCH better!

+1
Very good job Dale:D

I bought the Trustfire 3T6 model back in 2013 when Amazon made a pricing error (I paid $3.95), and I’ve been waiting for another similar “mistake” to pick up a couple more to mod. Not a bad light in stock form, but really looks like it would benefit from newer LEDs and a better driver.

I put an FET+1 driver in mine, running a single cell. I made a dummy cell to keep it 2 cell length as I like the way it fits the hand. With XM-L2 emitters, domed, and a host of tweaks for optimum performance it’s doing 10.76A for 3946 lumens with an Efest 3000mAh cell.

I like the beam profile with domed emitters, robo’s has de-domed and better throw at a cost of some lumens, but still it’s making a LOT better output than in stock form.

FYI if anyone’s interested in getting the Trustfire TR-3T6 version cheap they’re curently available on Amazon for $4.90 shipped. It’s probably a pricing mistake, but worth a shot.