Review: Manker MK35 Prototype (Pics, Beamshots, Runtime) 486250 Cd

Thanks for the review of the MK35 engineering prototype.
MK35 sales version data:
Turbo mode: 2550-1600 lumens, 15min-2.5hours (2550 lumens last on 15min and then step down to 1600 lumens)
Maximum beam intensity: 504100CD
Maximum beam distance: 1420 meters
A nice holster included in the accessories.
Side switch button will be a better one and retain dragon breath function.

Thanks budda for review

Nice work manker

Hello Manker,

When will it appear for sale and will there be a BLF discount?

yes +1. Will there be a BLF discount?
So far I’m very happy with the two Manker lights I have. I’m hoping this will be my third :sunglasses:

Interested when this light will be available (including neutral white)
Interested in price; my guess is that it’s going to be fair. When will the price be known?
Interested to see the actual light with the typical Manker button!

I, too, find myself anticipating the release of this one and the price point… hopefully I’ll have some money when that happens. lol

Hi Budda,

Do you want to try to make some beam shots between the thrunite tn42 and the Manker.

That would be great.

I would love to, but I was not able to get any TN42 for review purposes.
I don’t have much money to spend on flashlights, and when I have I pick lights that are cheaper, or invest them in something that allows me to make better review (like the new camera I got last month, and I have my eyes on many other expansive things).
I have already received a negative answer from the manufacturer the first time I asked. I will ask again to them.
Perhaps if you readers are interested, you could write to thrunite asking them to send me a TN42 for review. They know who I am.
I’ve been wanting to review the TN42 since it came out.

Or you can found me a TN42.

I’m excited to see how this light will be priced. If manker can hold their reputation as an affordable well made manufacturer then this will be my next purchase instead of the $200 tn42.

goddangit! I am so tired of step-downs! I would rather have, say 1,800 lumens consistently than 2,400 lumens briefly! But I love the light’s design. Thanks for the look.

DROP THE STEPDOWNS, MANKER!!!

Just get the TN42 then. It doesn’t (really) step down at all, even without cooling.

The CW version will probably do the advertised 2000 lumens. Mine is the neutral version.

Exactly .

Edit : Just saw you added the diagram , thanks

This is my first thrower. From your video and pictures it looks like your hotspot and spill are much larger than mine. I’d say my hotpot is 2 inches at most. The spill I would describe like this: when the flashlight is held at my belt level, the spill hits the ground about 4 feet in front of me. Maybe double that to 8 feet when the flashlight is held at chest level. Does this description match up to yours?

Thank you for the great review Budda.

If it have over discharge protection, can we use unprotected cells ?

I have four Manker flashlights, all are great, now the temptation for MK35 is big, even if the U21 is more than enough for me in matter of throw.

I like the Manker flashlights because are more unique, have a different approach comparing the the other manufacturers and in my case all my Manker flashlights are top quality, no defects or any other issues.

With MK35 Manker enter in the throw kings category , but also in another price range. Still for the performance the price is more cheaper that the other manufacturers, but I was used to see a better balance between price and what you get (example U21, great price for what you get) .

Hope that Manker will have same price policy till now, to not align the prices after the other manufacturers, this was (still is) one big point in choosing a Manker flashlight, beside the fact with the different approach.

Thank you for your review on this Budda, and for your YouTube video of this flashlight! Which is where I came across it for the first time. Then I came here for more details.

I Love this thing! I’ve had it over a week now. From time to time I’ll buy a flashlight that soon lets me down, in one small way or another. Not this MK35! I find my self loving it more as time goes on. From the build quality and pure beauty of it, to the button design, on to it’s Beacon function, UI, and programmable Moonlight mode. This is truly, one fantastic flashlight. :slight_smile:

I even bought it a nice Short Mini D-Ring Stainless Steel Hinged Screw already. We are now officially betrothed. :smiley:

Thanks again!

And just so everyone here is clear, on just how the production version turned out, as far as step-down is concerned.

Turbo: 2550lumens (2550 lumens last on 15 minutes then step down to 1600 lumens) 2.5 hours.

Nice. Totally fine as long as the boost will boost to turbo even when the batteries are discharged a bit more.

It’s 4S so voltage is reduced for 2550 lumens, so no boost or not? Are “2550lumens (2550 lumens last on 15 minutes then step down to 1600 lumens) 2.5 hours” measured lumens or just specifications? I’m guessing specs…

I would also like to know

From what I can see with beam shots it doesn’t come close to the Astrolux FT03S king thrower with a 26650 battery. the light will go for about 8 hrs on low to medium