Review: Manker U11. Built in charger, compact 18650 Eswitch Light. 3.6A on Turbo, Beamshots added.

My bad, you are right….I will start a new thread. I looked at Nitecore…but only found the MT10C model. This looks far better. THANKS!!

Well I finally did the swap, and let me say I was astonished when the light turned on when I was done putting it back together.

Beamshot of the original XP-L V5 (look at that sickly green!):

Beamshot of the replacement Nichia 219C (much better!):

(Both beamshots taken with the same settings, and ‘daylight’ white balance)

Original emitter in place:

Turns out there was very little play in the wires:

MCPCB before:

And after (I ended up reflowing by touching the soldering iron to the bottom of the MCPCB, rather than going the stovetop method):

My crappy solder joints:

I ended up resoldering the wires to the MCPCB in place, with it back inside the head of the light, because otherwise there just wasn’t enough play in them. There was much swearing but apparently it worked!

Thanks for your encouragement!

That looks fantastic to me… You can clean the MCPCB with a qtip and alcohol, otherwise all looks good… Glad it was successful and you like it more now…

Thanks for the compliment and the tips. I was in a hurry to reassemble it and see if it worked, so I skipped cleaning it — and now the ugly buildup on the MCPCB is conveniently hidden behind the reflector where I can’t see it. I might eventually clean it off anyway, but I’m too lazy to do it right now…

I searched for any mention of PWM and didn’t find any. I apologise if this was asked already. Does this light use PWM to achieve lower modes?

I’m about to do an emitter swap as Somnabulism did. BUT:
I can’t decide between the two emitters lying on my work desk before me:

Nichia 219c….OR….XPL Hi V2 3C

What do you think folks? What will be the dis/advantages of both options in this light?

Please help me decide!

@eebowler- not any visible PWM that I could detect….

@WolfA- 219C is a real nice tint across the levels and would be my choice of the two… Neither will be bad….