Review: Manker U21 - Raising the bar for compact throwers

Kusie - Choices are good...otherwise we would all be driving Pintos or Beetles ;) :) I can measure the charge current but I do believe the 2A because it did charge the KK quickly.

Miller - If you buy solely on price you may come out ahead. Personally I do not mind paying for something that fits better...just like I do with my shoes.

There are lights much more expensive than this that are not even remotely as capable.

Also, this light is an out of the box working light. Many, probably the majority, do not want to or like to mod lights so there is no comparison.

BTW....anything less than the cost of a Tain can be considered budget. ;)

Pardon me, but what is a “Tain” ?

It's something that goes, "Choo! Choo!"

Look here

Some of the most beautiful lights in the world.

You say fits well
And that is the problem here, this does not fit well
A pre modded C8 working out of packaging will probably throw the same in any tint one like and FITs a lot more pockets.
In absence of beamshots comparing it with other lights for now.

When I want to use a thrower I grab my S70 that lights up such a massive area and costs less.
I wear it as a 26650 purse :wink: and weight and size are really not noticed and hands free operation is what I use a lot.

Please explain why paying more for shoes that do not fit is smart?
If you would not have stressed how good of a price $64 is I could just have thanked you for the review but now I really don’t get it seeing so much lights that out preform this for less or the same money.
You did pay $64 for it?

Ah and while on the topic of bang for the buck
May I direct your attention to this:

Not only great idea in helping a fellow BLFer also some highly interesting things on auction that are real bang for the buck!

Edit: somebody tags my posts here in this thread as rude…really?
This one might be off topic but rude
Sigh

Any deals on this one right now? I’m fond of the XHP35 HI, good to see it can be driven by one cell.

I agree that the size is in a weird position as it is not pocketable, but it doesn’t perform as well as bigger throwers like the Acebeam K70.

manker u21 is too expensive!

Thank you, those look beautiful!
The most “exclusive” lights I own are the Kronos Twins (X6 CU/SS and X5 CU), those Tains are “a bit” over my budget :wink:

K.

I am retired and live on modest Union Pension and find the price of this flashlight to be a ‘budget’ purchase for an advanced designed light with these qualities.

I would like to think the cost of the Manker U21 provides needed capital for new products and fairly compensates all its workers. Budget does not always mean lowest price.

My guess is that a C8 with a XP-L Hi will throw 100 kcd at most. Anyone know different?

With the sold-out old-production XP-G2 S4 2B, a C8 may get past 150kcd.

Kusie - They are way over my budget also but beautiful just the same.

Every now and then you will see them for sale on CPF.

I paid the ‘going price’ for this light, and consider it a ‘Budget Light’; in my budget, quality will be a high allocated consideration.

Too many comparisons here against custom smaller lights, and larger heavier stock lights. For me, I always want the smallest lightest light with the most output and throw, and have a long runtime. For a stock light, this is about the best I've seen combining these desired features in one light, certainly in this form factor of size.

Is it the perfect ideal light? No, of course not, but comparing it to lights that is not in the same form factor seems inconsiderate, at the least.

I can guarantee though, the Manker U21 will go on trips with me that an L2, L6, or S70 will not, strictly based on size.

For it's throw, it wasn't too long ago to get something to match this throw in a stock light, you had to get a ThruNite TN31 - a huge carry for $150 or more.

Please don´t let this thread derail or drift off to a fanboy thread. Be nice :smiley:
There are many great lights out there, the Manker U21 surely being one of them!

K.

I agree, my lights are weight, size, and performance scripted along with price.

With the ever changing advances in both battery and flashlight technologies, I like to purchase quality equipment and tools that in a few years could be handed down for others to use.

I really really like this u21, but waiting for NW version. Anyone has an idea when it is gonna release nw version??

Please don’t get me wrong I mean no disrespect.
Again if the review was not so heavy on the price I would not have spoken about it and just thanked for the review.
Again calling a $64 light a real steal begs for comparison with lights in the same and lower price range.
What somebody wants to take or use on specific situations is up to all to decide right :wink:
Lol Thorfire did not paid for a good review nor asked for it, they paid so to speak with a light.
Not having the first negative experience (the paying) and the psychology of defending ones actions when something is bought, the biological processes how the human brain works and is active when something is bought or seen as expensive or cheap. All this is different in a gifted light versus a bought light. This no doubt will have its effect on a review, hence disclosing a product is gifted makes readers take it into account. Measurements, pics and a lot of information should however be pretty objective :wink:
Personally I take the opinions in reviews more serious when the object is bought then gifted and when reviewers have commercial interests even less.
I still like all reviews and beamshots, objective information that are found in even the most biast reviews can make them a great help.
(You see now why I asked twice if this light was bought?)

Somebody tags my posts here in this thread as rude…really?

Sigh, a few questions and comparisons done from genuine curiosity and somebody finds it rude?
After another review on the light we could explore more then just the light. I really enjoy comparing lights.
Well sorry Bugsy36, before leaving this topic, here goes the default works then;
Great review, nice looking light, thanks for sharing!

I am new here, but do we need to have a “rude button”?

I would like to think we can decide for our-self what is rude; anyone who needs to click on a ‘rude button’ may need more light than a flashlight.

Is this a “rude button’ comment or an explicit one made by an adult?