Review:No name USB charging nice quality flashlight

Is this the same light just in black??

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10015804/4516700-ultrafire-1l2-diving-led-flashlight

John.

The UltraFire 1L2 is rated at IPX6 only - not submersible “30m - 50m” as is the DV-S9, per their descriptions. Also the IL2 emitter is XM-L2 7000K at 888 Lumens, as compared to the DV-S9 running XM-L2 6000-6500K rated at 1200 Lumens.

Other small differences - it appears to be not the same light, but very similar form/function light; and OF COURSE, there’s the COLOR difference - who can resist the purple with red trim!?

raynman, cheap flashlights' claimed specs have proven to be exaggerated and innacurate, soo…

In addition to this, I couldn't care less about those @#$% stock emitters.

Any of you inspected the DV-S9 driver?

Cheers ^:)

I just peeked at the spring side. I can see the Hall-effect sensor sniffing the magnet in the slider, but that’s it.

Didn’t take it apart. Guessing everything comes out from the lens side, ie, twist out the (also red) retaining ring from in front, then out comes the reflector, star, probably a spacer, and finally the driver.

Can’t imagine having to install the driver through the battery-tube, and the head+tube seems to be one solid piece. Can’t find any seam, and “untwisting” accomplishes nothing.

I might be wrong, as I didn’t try very hard to disassemble it, but that’s what it seems like. And I like it enough as-is that I’m not even all that tempted to go swap the LED or anything.

I’d like to make sure the LED’s AS5ed in there (ha!) and not just pressed-in via the reflector or anything (most likely), but like I said, I don’t want to scratch it up trying to take it apart.

Soo, the DV-S9 seems to use PWM, isn't it? Sheesh! :facepalm:

Driver diameter ?

too bad we cant believe the specs.
xm2
every one i have seen so far has been a dog compared to a real cree.even against very old xm-l

Lattice bright @3A 1200 lumens at case temp of 25dCelsius, if they have same thermal path to junction so 40dC junction temperature

This would be better than an XML2 U4

Pretty sure the specs cant be trusted but the LED die size seems similar than XML one

following

Ehm how I interpret this light is like this
Good charging and a simple LED swap gives you a nice gift
That diving thing is neat (lol I have a review on something like that in the works) but no charging just a compltely different light IMHO and a tad off topic to bring up, would be better in a “beat flashlight for ~$12” topic

This topic is about charging light, the Nitenumen E01 would compare (how is charging onbV2 BTW?) But costs more.

Thank you Miller, main reason for posting this light was USB charging,that actually works perfectly, no PWM like others in this price range, and no paralistic drain in off state.
I believe that Ultrafire diving light mentioned above is a good light but can’t really tell it has all these advantages…

Any comments on the battery they’re bundling with this light?

How hard does it look to replace the driver with a good one that has memory?

Tested capacity of battery I received with this light is 1000mAh,
And a driver replacement is very easy to do….

The Hall-effect sensor (for the magnetic slider) has a 10mA parasitic drain, so I always TCLO the critter by about a ¼-turn when not in active use.

I’m really hard-pressed to tell any PWM, even with a rather vigorous Jiggle Test. Pretty sure it does, but Hell if I can detect it by eye.

Okay, did the dreaded Video Test. It’s PWM. Still, Hell if I can detect it…

It ain’t gonna USB-charge if it’s a diving light… There’re 3 O-rings on the tailcap. Kinda doubt there’d be an incredibly weak link of a micro-USB jack to bollocks it up.

So there you go, different light different category :wink:

Whut?, the usb-charging?

Never much been a fan of that except out of necessity (cellphones, etc.). The connectors are notoriously unreliable and have limited cycle-life.

Then again, for a cheepcheepcheep light, you may not count on many cycle lives to begin with, dunno.

Urg…

For a side-clicky? Hmmm. Sounds a little better. :smiley:

Unno, though. Replace the driver, replace the LED, still have a cheap host left over… does it pay to do anything with it?

Even my crappy C8 clones, used as hosts, I know that by not pushing too much current/heat through the host, I’m not straining it too much. But they seem to still be pretty decently put-together.

Tried looking (’though not terribly hard) for the review someone else did, was curious what grexes he had about the body, threads, switch, etc.

When we talk about USB lights…… Just received a mother of all USB charging light’s 12.000 mAh 1S4P , 14.000 TESTED lumens… INSANELY BRIGHT and totally ridiculous IMALENT DT70 :smiling_imp:

After looking at Wildcat photos (http://uploads.ru/?g=nQxVX.jpg), ≈20mm I'd say (the USB micro-B female is just a tad wider than 7mm).

1s4P, and xhp70, why, they could do 2s2p, which is more efficency