Review of XTAR MOON RC2

Hi guys, I just bought an xtar moon. I must say that it is an excellent light overall! Very nice neutral white tint. Good quality built and easy to use UI, but i found the UI setting quite awkward, It goes like this, I start with Mid > High > Mid> Low > Moonlight> Off. :open_mouth: , but still tolerable for me. Anyway, this is a must buy! :smiley:

looks good other than no removable battery.a 1a charge rate is what i would have chosen though.any modern 18650 should be fine with that.and i use stock 4056 boards in my modded lights with no issue even with laptop pulls.i want it to recover fast when i get an opportunity to plug in.even hf pucks with the oddball prismatic laptop cell are doing fine on ones i built 3 years ago.
those get stuck inside a equipment cabinet of a cnc i am repairing,run several hours,and plugged in in the truck afterwards.repeat sometimes 3 times a day with an hour or 2 in between.
a 200ma rate would suck!

I really hope in the near future they make an updated version of this with removable/replaceable battery. :smiley:

Like the new Nitecore LR30 :+1:

A job for bigclive on YouTube.

Just got one, was curious, watched the charging current of the built-in charger at initial charge. Started really low while it checked the cell, then gradually went up to 1 amp where it stayed for most of the charging, and near the end as the cell got full it gradually dropped the current to about 150 ma. Seemed just right; pretty good circuit. Useful little bug.