“REVIEW”: On The Road 311 – 1x16340 – USB-C Rechargeable – 720 lumens

Ahah, I told’ya this is a bug :smiley: I wanted to mod it since the beginning and now I had the materials for it :wink:

Thanks for your words too :wink:

Yes, OTR has improved the UI (at least in the 3 lights I got from them lately) but it is still not perfect! A even more configurable UI (ex: enable/disable mode memory would be enough, IMO) could be the best solution for them to increase sales :wink:

The i3 with Crescendo is a great choice indeed. I still have mine and I guess I won’t mod that one…I guess!
If you have an OTR M1 (see below), pick the tube/tail and attach it ti the i3 body, and get some 16650 cells: you’ll have even more juice :wink:

The issue with the Luxeon is actually not an issue in real life. The LED dome is less big than the on from the original XML2, and the gasket used not is also different but that “line/hole” seen in the photo is not visible in real life. Actually I start to think that the light was inclined and originated that. Still, being a different LED may, of course, lead to a different performance with that reflector.

For me it works great :wink: And now, even more :smiley:

EDIT:

Road Flashlight | 4 X 21700 Flashlight | Charging Flashlight | Long Flashlight - X4m Mini - Aliexpress
Would you buy this?:slight_smile:

Sorry for bringing this back to life. There is a new version with GaN LED. Looks interesting and I have it in my cart ready to pull the trigger. Only one thing stopping me from buying it, I don’t recall reading if it able to run on cr123 primary. Anyone know? Thanks

@1uP
I didn’t test it with primary cells because I didn’t have it back then, but I went to OTR AliExpress page and it is stated there that it takes 16340/CR123/RCR123a.

I saw that too but I think the other description says CR123A, is CR123 and CR123A the same?

I guess so, but sometimes people mess up the naming. Even I, while quoting the OTR page, didn’t correct it, but the correct term would be CR123a.
So, I guess those cells should work !

You can also reach the OTR store support through the “chat” in the AE App/site and ask them to confirm if it takes CR123a 3V batteries !

Hello, CR123A/RCR123 is available.

That’s their response. Lol

Lol!

In any case, I guess they mean that it may take them both.

If I find the driver and manage to use it in another flashlight with a CR123a cell, I may be able to confirm you that, but it may take some days :confused:

Thank you so much! Take your time. I am in no rush

Sorry for the laaaate reply! I don’t have any light with this driver installed and actually I am not sure where I have at all :zipper_mouth_face:

I’ll still keep it in mind in case I find a host for it and use the driver, and I will tell you, when I do!

I really like this light. Will purchase at some point.