Review: Romisen RC-29 3-mode 1x AA/14500

Placed order with DinoDirect for the Romisen RC-29 3-mode...shipped the next day...they sent me this picture LOL.

I really hope I get the correct light here...(I cant find a live chat or anything on their website...)

Surely they're not that friggin' stupid to have shipped that one out to you.

That has to be a direct advertisement to get your attention to the fact they have such lights to offer.

Thus far, I have no confidence in ordering anything from these people.

Was really thinkin' bout gettin one of those 3-modes.

Well based on experiences we've seen so far the pics were wrong but the items shipped were correct. The photographer must be drinking on the job. :)

Chi*ese rice wine or what??

frikkin hilarious!

I recieved my Romisen RC-29 3-mode few days ago. It was from an Ebay seller. It arrived in a small white box just like the one on the picture posted by esrevenge.

I would like to order this from DD. Does anyone have a link to DD or anywhere else for an ACTUAL GLASS replacement aspheric lens for this light? I hate plastic lenses.

the DX link says "glass optics" and i should receive the shipment these days .. but i am sure that it's not *actual* glass (but again plastic, PMMA, polycarbonate, or similar). so when i got the shipment we can confirm that DX doesnt sell *actual* glass.

Actual glass, 23mm optics, aspherical, for use in flashlights. Not even www.flashlightlens.com carries such a thing afaik.

after 3 months of using the Romisen i am appreciating that it's plastic (easy to replace, cheap!, DX!) since it doesnt break (actual glass breaks faster!) and is light-weight (actual glass is heaaavy!, and expensive); i've dropped my torch several times deliberately (drop tests, ouch!). Yeah, plastic scratches faster than glass .. but mine isnt scratched yet. And if it's sratched, i got my DX-plastic replacement lenses (if they fit. i need to confirm it, another few days and we're cleverer), so no big deal.

if anyone knows some *actual* glass lens for our Romisen (or the even more popular Sipik), please shoot me.

BTW, i am still touching it (if not using it) every day. It exudes quality and beauty and perfection. Premium budget!!

Let me know what your lenses look like when they arrive. I will hold off on my order until your response, don't leave me hanging!!

Wow DD just raised the price from $11 to $23!

http://www.dinodirect.com/flashlight-focus-cree-q5-led-220lumens.html

they cant be serious. the perfect price is imho 14.99$.

DD gone crazy with 23$ *ggg*

Its really strange because if you click on the link i posted, if you are quick you can see the price is $13.99 but then it VERY quickly changes to $23 and change.

two to give as presents. i received three of the 1-mode. ugh. i guess i can't use 14500's in the 1-mode. ugh.

sorry to hear that you received the 1-mode version. Please could you share the link through which you ordered your samples? (No, you cannot use 14500's in your 1-mode models.)

http://www.dinodirect.com/flashlight-focus-cree-q5-led-220lumens.html

it is listed above in this thread also. it has gone up in price, when i got them they were something like $11.69. i think i am just going to keep them and save myself the hassle. if i put a 14500 will it fry, or will it just no longer run on AA's? thanks.

the webpage says "Three Mode". contact DD via chat and demand a partial refund.

i dont know what will happen (and i would believe that a 14500 fries the driver/PCB parts).

i will give it a shot. it just gets frustrating, but i will try. i think i would fry too, which is why i never got one before.

Just picked up RC-29 II/ 3-mode/ AA/14500 from Ebay vendor. Price is 19.95 and free shipping. Air Mail and post tracking is included. Also includes BELT HOLSTER, so I think this was fair deal since you would pay EXTRA for both tracking and holster at DX.

Plus, I've dealt with DX before and they can be a PITA at times. Worse case is when you purchase and item is not in stock. Or shipping delays.

Of course this ebay vendor is in China also, but I opted to go through E-bay for peace of mind. I'll see how it goes.. Here's link if anyone interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200670247106

Congrats to the purchase, that's a nice deal!!

Once you got it, please let us know how you like it. And it would be VERY helpful and instructive if you disassembled the torch and took photos of the body (engraving) and the driver .. so that we could see if it is the same driver.

I mean.. i am VERY pleased with my DX-sample. Nice runtimes, and my tests with Eneloops have yet to follow!

Hello Kreisler...it was your review that got me interested in this little torch.

I will surely check it out and give info for all to view. I checked ebay vendors feedback and all who received his rc29 3 mode are POSITIVE + *****.

Kreisler, I'm sure you would know. Do you think any of tailcap clickys from other Romisen models would FIT on rc29 3-mode? Shining beam has spares for his rc29-G2's and also for his RCN3's (which I have now). Wonder if they are same threads or not? Also, since voltage on 14500 is higher would his switches take extra voltage or not? I wonder....

Rc-g2 Rc-29 replacement switches link below

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-93/Forward-Tactical-Click-Switch/Detail

hi, i dont know about matching threads and spare clickies (or spare tailcaps) but since Mr Shiningbeam sells both RC-G2's and RC-29's, which is a sign of the quality of these products!, *he* would know.

If you're worried about the sharpness of the tail assault bezel edges, just tape them with some Scotch adhesive tape or similar. Since this is an inexpensive light (hmmm.. haha), the only thing worth buying as accessory or spare parts are spare lenses (glass or plastic). Keep in mind that other tailcaps (e.g. the RC-G2's) cannot tailstand.

It wouldnt make much sense anyway. The 3-mode Romisen has a reverse clicky. It means that whenever a connection is interrupted and reestablished the driver would switch to the next mode. Mode changing with a clicky is best done with a reverse clicky, see the famous example Fenix LD20, and the Quark Regular.

Better drop the idea. Really. ;)