Review : SanRenMu 9063

SanRenMu 9063, no doubt. It is lighter and has a capable blade, simpler to work on and no Omega springs to break in the future - I’ve not had a single one break but it seems to happen on Benchmade Axis locks fairly often.
The Ganzo is a very good knife and the extra materials and machining costs more than account for the difference in price, a good quality knife but I do like SRM’s overall, even more since I took the pocket clip off, it’s even thinner and more pocketable now.

SRJoben of Lazy Lizard Gear has a lot of Chinese knife reviews on his Lazy Lizard Gear YouTube channel.
Here’s his Real Steel E963 and SanRenMu 9063 review.

In the comments section it mentions that you can get an Real Steel S963. It’s the same shape and size as the 9063/E963 but with Titanium framelock and VG10 blade. very good value at $149 plus shipping. Real Steel S963.
I’ve just checked and they are out of stock. They had some left a couple of weeks ago so they obviously sold well and will more than likely return. I’ll keep checking for updates as I’m sure they are within budget for a lot of you.
The H and S ranges have some very interesting knives.

That’s a chunky knife.

You can buy the Real Steel S963 much cheaper at Aliexpress here.

That’s a very good value knife, titanium framelock with VG10 for under $100. I might have to save £68 for one.
Much better with free shipping, the shipping from Real Steel put me off buying a set of blue scales for the SRM9063 $10 went up to $18 or much more if I wanted them quicker. I suppose saving $8 on a $100+ purchase is being scrooge like though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes i know, but then when they rsponse the package has been shipped and you can not set a note before shipping. In other shops you can write a note before.

Really l like both. But i have only 3 sanrenmus due to its little size and i catch this 9063 before it can be out of the market.
the axis lock is better then a liner, i read always that, but it is trustrue it can be break the omega spring. I like the 9063 because i have not the 763 and all knives would must have that semicircle for engaging well the blade on pivot stop sending forces not only to one point, square over rounded = plain…
Thanks Steve!.

I know, but on FastTech you ask before you order or order then put the order on hold.

From the FAQ-
How do I put an order on hold, or release an order from hold?
Orders that are not packed or shipped can be put on hold so that they will not be processed for shipment until you “unhold” them.

This feature is useful if you’re having second thoughts about your order because once a package is shipped, it cannot be recalled and cancelled.

It can also be useful if you have a pending support request on the order, and you want to make sure your support request is processed before your order leaves our warehouse.

It is easy to hold, or to release an order from hold (unhold):

Go to your order history.
Click on the Order Number of the order you want to hold or release.
Click on the “put shipment on hold,” or “resume shipment from hold” link under Order Options, which is on the right side of your Shipment Summary.

After that, open a ticket explaining what you want and quoting the order number, you might have to pay for the order but they’re O.K. usually with refunds, they have been with me anyway.

Ok. Thanks. My 9063 has been shipped yet.

I wrote a small comparison about the Sanrenmu 9063 and the RealSteel E963 for my blog. It's in German:
https://torchworld.wordpress.com/2015/04/04/sanrenmu-9063-realsteel-963-und-das-kleine-sanrenmu-763/

Short summary:
Is the SRM9063 and the RS E963 the same knife? I would say 90% is the same, 10% is different. RS: blade finish (stone washed), the edge of the back of the blade (sorry I don't know the English word for this part) is rounded, is opened a little bit smoother as the SRM (same washers, but it seems, that he RS knives have a better quality check). It comes with a nice silver paperbox (if you want as a present), the SRM in a cheap, white (my three boxes were smashed) paper box.

If you disassemble the SRM, clean it and lube it, it should be similar (haven't done it until now).
My three SRM9063 have one thing, which looks a little bit weird: The part behind the blue line is not polished well.

Probably trying to polish with the thumbstud in place and realizing that it can catch in the buffing wheels.

The top edge of the blade is the spine, the angled section near the tip is the swege.

Just looked at your (very good) blog courtesy of Google translate, the part that is more rounded on the RS, directly above the blue line in the above picture is the jimping.

Thanks, it’s good to have the SRM compared to the RS. I don’t have the RS and can only go by the pictures unfortunately.
The RS S963 titanium framelock with VG10 blade would be nice. :slight_smile:

Thank you Steve for the new knife-knowledge-words :)
BTW you are the reason, why I ordered the orange EL01 from ali.

No problem, this page helped me understand the names of various parts.
Jay Fisher’s knife anatomy. It gets a bit intense in places but you can dip in and out as you wish.

My Orange EL-01 (O?) arrived earlier this week, must have been customs tea break, they are partial to EL-01s, they think they are gravity knives, along with Ganzo and all Axis type locks.
I need to get more EDC able knives anyway. :wink: I’ve been very lucky so far.

Very nice knife indeed.
Just received mine and it’s razor sharp right out of the box.

Thanks 8steve88 for posting this deal, I’m ordering this. Just lost one of my beloved SRM 763 at work the other day. :_( (damn dockers slash cut pockets, I hate slash cut pockets!) The same day my Olight S15 also fell off the same pants, other side pocket. I found the Olight on the sidewalk at a customers home before I left, but the 763 was nowhere to be seen, so someone will have a great knife I hope they appreciate it!

I really need a lightweight folder, a lot of the folders out there are just too heavy, especially for summer with shorts. Although a great knife the 763 really was a little too small, so this should be a great replacement / upgrade.

As others have also mentioned, I hope someday a version of this will be made with axis lock, (a larger 763 G10, doesn’t SRM realize what a great seller that would be?)

I’m happy it still has the beer bottle opener, that really comes in handy at times. :wink:

There is a titanium framelock version by Real Steel - the S693 that looks good but I have to agree an Axis lock on this knife would be great. They might even do it as I believe the patent has expired on the Axis lock.

The newer 763, the 7063 is still a great knife, aluminium body and Axis or linerlock. I missed getting the G10 models as I got the LB-763, the sweetest Axis lock that the Chinese make, the Land 6261 isn’t bad either. :slight_smile:
Still not sure about the bottle opener, once you’ve pinched your finger in it a couple of times you’ll see what I mean, but maybe I’m just not as nimble fingered as I once was. :wink:

Only took 8 days with Australian Expedited shipping, nice blade, although I’m not sure this kind of lock is my favourite

It has perhaps the most standard lock type in the knives’ world, a liner lock system. But yes, a standard thing do not have why be a favorite thing.
Mine will arrive in some weeks i suppose…

Also sold here: (aliexpress seller Blade Forum) Sanrenmu 9063 963 Folding Knife

A few bucks more but shows EMS ePacket shipping which should be much faster than Fasttech China post? Anyone know aprox. shipping time of fasttech orders to the US?

I average about 2 weeks to New York using USPS Express ePacket via China Post. For me, they are by far the fastest China shipper.

Mike