Review: Shadow JM05 2 x 26650

I concur with what Foy has said except i have never had a problem with the tailcap locking ring coming loose. You have said your light works fine by jumping from the earth on the end battery to the outer housing, the next step would be to check the switch with a multi meter. Its not hard to do if you have a meter or a mate might be able to do it for you if you dont. If that checks out ok it comes back to what Foy has said above. Good luck

3-7-13 update

My E1320 upgraded JM05 continues to perform and never fails to impress. It is one the most powerful flashlights I own and probably the best C8 thrower I have. I also love the run-time with two 26650s.

stillawesomeFoy

Hi Foy. I concur with your sentiments. Mines also going strong and is at the moment the most practical light I have. Its been dropped, abused and the head has a fair bit of damage to it. I cannot remember this happening. It was one of those nights when to many beverages must have been consumed. Good to see you back. Cheers.

This is my first post. Would comparable results be expected if you did the same mods to a JM05 clone since the original Shadow build stock seems to be depleted or at best unavailable. The reason being I have two of these clones about and even the stock clones are surprisingly bright with KK’s. I usually repair GPS units for resale and have a room full of spares, parts, reflowing and test equp. for that. I’m not expecting a road trip into illumination to be that technically challenging of an endeavor from a sourcing or soldering standpoint. I am acquainted with the binning and shipping vagaries of the Pacific rim supply chain. Too acquainted, perhaps.

If you're doing a driver swap and it has a decent XM-L emitter, shouldn't be anything at all wrong with a clone. Somebody around here a while back got one, the name started with a D? (I think) Can't remember . . .

toomuchwackytabbackywhenyoungFoy

I wouldn’t recommend the JM05 clone, I’ve got one and it has a list of manufacturing faults, the biggest being very loose threads around the pill meaning poor heat dissipation.

Here’s a thread on it:

I’ve heard the same issues for the 2 cell version also, so all the clones probably have the same issues.