Review: Skyray King (3xXM-L - 4x18650)

I got 1920 lumens with 2 cells and 2,360 with 4 Orbtronics …

Hmmm, and the Orbs are NCR18650A’s too, correct?

Did you happen to do a measurement with 3 cells?

Performed a measurement the only way I can given my lack of specialized equipment.

beeCam LightMeter (app for my Android phone) reported 372 lux on 2 cells, and 384 lux on 4 cells (with a base reading (ambient light) of 12 lux) during ceiling bounce tests.

(these numbers are only meaningful in my own particular circumstance of course)

Can’t say that I can really notice the difference visually however.

No, but after 5 minutes is Luke warm on 2 cells. On 4 cells 5 minutes it’s hot …… Hot

I work security so i would need a holster I am working with a tk35 Which has one but u would want shake things up a little lol. So dose it have one or where would I be able to pick one up?

LOL,
thanks raccoon city, very graphic. :slight_smile:

I have used the Fandyfire version for a “blue hour photoshoot” at the Fly-in.
Once i had set it up, many other photographers were also taking pictures :bigsmile: :

T 28 Trojan:

SV-4B

I have used a rimmed stainless steel cap with a thin disk magnet placed underneath it and the 4 x 18650 tops for protecting the gold plated driver printed circuit board from grinding when closing the thread. Please refer to Redirecting... album photos.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8701/sscap1.jpg
!http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8701/sscap1.jpg !

I use an M-4 double mag pouch for my King. Perfect size for it.

Thanks for stopping by, fatlokwok!

Wow. That’s a really nice use for this giant mini floodlight.
I gotta say. I finally pull the trigger n ordered a set from Kaidomain.

Just a question guys.

Is it ok to mix 2 kinds of unprotected batteries? 2600 mAh Sony x 2 and 2600 mAh Samsung x 2?

Thanks…

Sooo, someone made a new driver (Hi - Mid1 - Mid2 - Lo + mode memory) for this flashlight?

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

LOL!

Super nice work there Edoram - and welcome to BLF :-)

What do you even call such a machine?? Multi copter?

Wonderful use of both things. I am surprised it can lift the flashlight. I would love to see one of those in real life one day.

Thanks for sharing this :-)

I use a Voodoo 40mm grenade pouch, and much like JohnnyMac’s double M4 pouch, it fits perfectly.

That is absolutely hilarious!

Edoram , I have a light that would be perfect for your heli ... What would your neighbors think about this ?

Man, that copter is pimp! What a great toy!

The toy is a Mikrokopter I assemble it myself so it took me two months only to understand the assembly process and many burns on my hands and a few capacitors explosions to, it supports a lot of weight so it moves very well with the king on it, this only proves that I am still a kid. Jacktheclipper amazing what you got there, certainly it can put me in the top 10 list of UFO hunters in my country. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: It is part of someting or just a flashlight?

About the temperature… :frowning:
Yesterday my king was working on hi for about 30 minutes… After I tried to switch it off - almost got a burn on my hand. It was too hot to hold for more than 1 second. Do you have the same result after 30 minutes?
or my king is too overdriven?
s. I have Fandyfire UV-S5 version.