REVIEW - SKYRAY KUNG M4!!!!! KING KILLER- (Pics, Light, beamshots, & driver added )

In theory about 7% gain with the U2 if all is equal. So likely 150-200 lumens if they are both driven the same. Of course we don’t know what yours is putting out yet. I’m guessing perhaps 2500-2700 otf for these new Kungs if they are driven about the same as a king. I’m basing that on my terminator I tested the tailcap amps on yesterday. I could only get about 6.7A out of it. It has U3’s and put out 2830 otf in my testing.
A good king driver puts out about the same amps, or about 6.6A in my testing. So a Kung T6 might be 2500-2700 and a U2 might be in the 2600-2800 otf.
Just thinking out loud here, but the numbers should be in the ballpark. But these drivers could be stronger, so who knows.

Going by reviews… I have seen tests that show my SRKing doing around 2400 lumens. Exact same SKU & Seller. My uneducated guess with research I have read… I am betting the Kung is doing around 4000 lumens. It’s very easy to distinguish the two side by side. The Kung us much brighter. Now I could be totally wrong. ( often am ) Guess I’ll have to wait in ya’ll field tests. :bigsmile:

28AWG is pretty small, its only rated for 1.4amps in short runs. It could be pushed a little harder but, it would probably melt the insulation at 3amps. I’am not saying your wrong DenBarrettSAR, just seems to small to get much current. It could possible be the current limiter. If it is 28AWG then that make lots of room for improvement then. I should have mine tomorrow according to usps tracking. I’ll give her a good strip search. :bigsmile:

I’ve tested 3 kings so far. One with 1850otf, one with 2160 otf, and the best at 2200 otf. 2400 would be a very healthy king. The Kung does look brighter, but I doubt it will be over 3000 otf. But I might be wrong. But I would be pretty happy if they do considering I just bought one :slight_smile:

+1 I anxiously await someone with higher skills than mine to check the specs on this light,

I’m looking to sell mine if anyone is interested: [SOLD] Sky Ray KUNG M4 (4xT6) - $40 shipped in US
I got the gray colored one. Shipped from CA. [SOLD IT]

i just try to request this kung to FT but the product request page seems to have some glitches, won’t let me submit the ticket…doing this on the mobile browser…

still try to win the bidding below $40 and no luck so far…guys maybe we can all agree not to bid higher than $30. they list lot of light enough for us to win one for each :smiley:

Decent price & you’ll get it qwik shipping from LA.

Just thought about this…. Wonder how the Kung will stack up against the Terminator? Might be next weekends project.

Great idea!!!1

Can you point out a light with the U2???

Thanks

brotherhaong has all the versions. Search for his lights on eBay. It’s also posted above on this thread.

My initial impression looking at these. The Terminator because of individual reflectors for each U3 will out flood the Kung. The Kung on the otherhand with its tighter emitters & reflector has a much brighter hot spot & will out throw the Terminator…. Any thoughts?

I did find it.

Thank You

The Kung with its smaller diameter, shallower and overlapping reflector cups will allow a lot more light to leave the lense directly without hitting a reflective surface, and so will be much floodier than the Terminator, for which the individual and collectively much larger reflectors will collect a lot more of the loose wide angle light and direct it forwards into the hotspot, giving it much greater throw.

I dont doubt you… But I will have to investigate further…

Investigate away, just don’t forget the pictures :wink:

No doubt! I think I may have some issues…. LOL

looking forward to the terminator vs kung showdown

Have pictures to post of alternate colors… Black & Gray?