REVIEW - SKYRAY KUNG M4!!!!! KING KILLER- (Pics, Light, beamshots, & driver added )

It sucks thats performance & quality varies to such an extent on these…

If you had to buy one of these 2, which one would you choose and why?

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/uniquefire-ufv104-u2-led-3mode-led-flashlight-black-418650-p-13958

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022211

(both with 4 emiters. Compared to the 3 emiter sky, they have a little more spill)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NiteFire-Bright-GRAY-Torch-LED-5000-lumens-3x-CREE-XM-L-XML-T6-LED-Flashlight-/290913728303?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item43bbcf372f

its grey. its cheaper. and they will all probably need to be modded to meet original SRK specs

That's a good deal Pulsar. Too bad I didn't wait for demand to drop. Since SRK's are thermally challenged with just 3 leds, I think I'm going to drop Nichia 219 H1 B10's in my Kung.

I have 4 versions of the SRK now……fun to play with and mod….but perhaps the time and money would be better spent getting a light with deeper/better reflectors. :wink:

Case in point…the Zebralight 6330 is what we all want are Kings to “mod” into. It is brighter, has better spill, more throw, awesome UI, incorporates U3 emitters….but it is still limited by the depth and size of the reflectors.

I would love to find a torch with the same “form factor” as the SRK….but with the reflector depth and size found in the (inexpensive) Ultrafire KF-T60. It’s crazy how much spill and throw it has! I guess I could ducktape 3 of those together…

Just purchased the BlackShadow Terminator Quad with the (new) XM-L U3 emitters. Illumination Supply is selling it for $105/free shipping! :bigsmile: Thats the best price I have seen it for. Be curious to see how it stacks up against my TM26.

BS Terminator U3

From Reading JohnnyMac’s review (here) I believe this is what I was thinking about! I just wanted this package for the SRK’s price point.

I don’t know if anybody here has tried to submerge kung under water or not yet.
if not yet, better not to do so, because the switch is the weak point.

put in the bucket of water, half way submerge (switch facing upward) is fine. when the switch below water level instantly auto cycle mode from hi to low. tried to get it back to high again. less than 1 minute under water. took it out and yeahh the switch was screwed. couldn’t change mode, got stuck, couldn’t shut down, pressed once got it entered into hidden strobe.

popped out the driver board it was dry. popped out the switch button, found few tiny water droplets. dried with cloth.
already operating normal. then, after switched on high for few minutes it will auto cycling mode by itself, LOL :smiley:

after popped out the whole switch board and dry it for few hours, now it seems to be normal again…

Were you THAT mad at your Kung? Or was it just burning your hand?

Would love to know how it compares to the TM26 mate

@B42, no, I was just playing it around when testing my camera underwater :smiley:
definitely the switch button need o-ring and lube too…

@mike sloan, terminator is real bright, however at that price range BTU seems to be good option especially when for sale.

The Blackshadow Terminator arrived! Awesome fit and finish. Really surprised that it is at the $100.00 price point. It is every bit as nice as the finish on the Fenix TK75 and Nitecore TM26. Did not know what to expect. The emitters in the Terminator are a later generation (U3 Vs TM26’s U2). Same overall lumen output of 3500. Reflectors are smooth and appear to be pretty close in circumference and depth to the TM26. Both run on “4” 18650’s……However, the beam patterns are totally different. The TM26 has a very defined spill pattern with a diffused hot spot. The overall flood is alittle brighter and wider on the TM26. The Terminator has a much brighter “hot spot” and the flood is more diffused and slightly smaller (very nice, however). The surprising difference is the throw from the Terminator dominates the TM26. It is pretty close to the throw on the TK75. Really surprised me! As compared to the Skyray King, the flood is not quite as wide…but the flood and throw from the Terminator are significantly brighter. The Terminator and the Skyray king appear similar in output when you are in the “medium” mode on the Terminator. Once you kick up to high….it washes out the King. Not really in the same league.

I would say that the BS Terminator sets the benchmark for the $100 torch. Really happy with the purchase.

I got one a few months ago… I agree completely. Awesome light.

I have a faulty skyray kung switch, anyone know where to get a replacement?
Thanks

So far the Kung i have is the King of the SRKs i have for both throw and spill. ( including more than the new 6-emitter SRK. ) as seen in the beamshots of all four SRKs in my other topic ” Battle Of The Kings” here: SkyRay 6-XM-L - Battle Of The Kings - BeamShot Image updates!

Purchased the XML2 model from Willbuying. Hope its good!

now i need to find a charger that charges 4x batteries when i have to buy this light :stuck_out_tongue:

Whats the latest on the Kung? Do most of you find it well hung or full of dung? lol could not resist Dale :stuck_out_tongue: :beer:

LOL, cute.

Like DenBarrettSAR, I find the Kung beam profile the best of the SRK line to date. Wider spill, brighter flood and a little more throw. So it's King Kung in my eyes. Mine certainly has some quality issues, but I'm modding them out of the light.

I keep looking at the gray Kung on fle-bay by brotherhuang1983……. Ugh I should just mod the SRK I have now but………. Dear Santa:santa:

Does a CNquality goods Kung house protected buttontops?
Ordered a gunmetal Kung from ebay, got black SRK with 3 emitters :frowning: