Review: Solarforce L2P from solarforce-sales.com

I've been ordering the one with the tail standing reverse clicky because it's 5-7 dollars cheaper. (SP, I think it is) Also, I like the look.

Foy

Foy, you're a good writer... nice review! I love Solarforce-got over a dozen with dropins I built.

Here's a refresher:

http://budgetlightforum.cz.cc/node/1150

Rich

dorp - That L2P of yours is so cool. I hope to do something like that one day soon.

jealousFoy

Thanks! If I can help you out, please let me know!

Rich

This is the L2P - http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=FB&s=7&id=17

More recently they have added the option to buy it with two other switches, so yeah...you just pick which ever you fancy :)

Thanks Piers. When Foy said it was the one that was $5 - $7 cheaper, I knew which one it was. I'm trying to find the thread and figure out which clicky I'll need as I'm going to use Ultrafire XM-L drop-in from Manafont.

I just put the $2.50 Solarforce bezel on my L2. Totaly changes the look of the light, big improvement over the large crenelated stock bezel.

The reverse clicky is perfect for the UF 3-mode; hard press then soft press through the modes.

IhatecoxFoy

IMO forward clickies are just not useful with multimode lights.

I have a few and they annoy me. Forward clickies IMO are only useful in single mode lights that get used for signalling.

I don't do Morse code. Been there, chose not to do that any more.

Over at CPF they are obsessed with forward-clickies. I've always just assumed that this was simply down to them being more expensive and less common rather than better.

Which for me kind of sums up CPF.

I understand their is a use for forward-clickies, just not for most people or for most lights.

It looks like everything I posted last night didn't make it through the change.

atleastitwasnotareviewFoy

Ooh bother...yeah I lost a few posts as well.

If only I had any idea what they were about :P

Not a big deal. Could have been much worse.

gratefulFoy

I broke with my usual tradition (no overseas shipping) but I wanted some more grays so I ordered them from Solarforce Sales... ordered them on the 18th and got them today. Not bad time. They are the nice dark gray color FYI.

Seems Lighthound and others here are out of stock on a lot of stuff so I gave up this time.

Rich

True. Maybe some of us have been spoiled by decades of handling C- and D-celled maglites... They all sport forward clickies, technically.

Forward clickies can be quite useful. Faster and easier to break the circuit when you decide that darkness is a better alternative in a given situation.

Much quieter, also. Silence can go a long way in some situations.

Yeah that was what I was getting at, but for +99% of people they are worse.

Piers - I noticed that too over "there" and almost believed it until I got my first 3-mode drop-in. I think the reverse clicky is perfect for a multi-mode light but at solarforce-sales for example, the reverse clicky is thier least expensive switch. I also think the "base" tail cap that comes with an L2P is quite handsome.

cannotfollowthecrowdFoy

Has anyone replaced the L2P switch boot with a GITD one? It's 16mm, mostly the GITD ones seem to be 14mm.

That's funny - I ordered the 14mm and was disappointed when they did not fit.

blackbootFoy

Hehe...They must be availlable somewhere I've seen a picture of an L2P with a GITD boot.