Review: Solarforce L2T

Yep.

That's how my L2T is too. The Reverend's Panasonics leave a little room but the Xtar 18700 fill that baby right up. Also, I wrap Scotch tape around most of my batteries if there's a little side rattle. (which I hate) I just wrap it a couple of times and it snugs them right up but even with a bare battery, the fit is hardly sloppy - on mine at least.

luvinmyL2TFoy

Hey guys will this switch suit this one ?

- Compatible to:
~ Surefire 6P 9P
~ Solarforce L2 L2m L2P L2x L2T

thanks old, i did read that but i was not sure if the colour will match as it does not match the shinny black of my L2 it was ment to be the new version but it is shinny black.....

I'll just wrap the batteries with some tape. Funny, there's about the same inside clearance in the X9 but for the life of me I can't get that thing to rattle. That's one reason why I don't say it's natural for the slop in the L2's. However, I can certainly tolerate it. I'm quite fond of the L2T.

Yeah , thats a bit of a issue , S3 S4 S5 etc are HA3 , and they dont match for color well with the older now Shinny black L2 , Solarforce should just make everything HA3 and be done with it .... [ I could live with that ]

They are, in fact a different finish.

This is a new L2P (like the switch that was linked) with an L2T tail cap. At first glance it might not be noticed but being a flashaholic, it will probably bother you.

Foy

I'm just looking at your pic and it already bothered me.

well it would bother me as the matt switch on my L2 black its sort of close but bothers me and the size is out 0.5mm

this is the thread i started on my mixed aventure into my first solarforce host

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4497

Oh I think the difference between the two is definitely noticeable. I think the L2P has a deeper black while the L2T is more faded. I prefer the L2T but then the new L2P is still pretty nice.

I found that the flush SS bezel from the L2m clone from KD is a perfect match for the L2T head. Swapped them out and now my L2T has that sweet touch of bling and it didn't cost me a thing.

That's what I did with mine

Well, it's the $2.50 add-on from solarforce-sales I was using for my L2i. Because it's recessed the SS is actually a nice compliment to the matte black. I don't think I'd like any SS on the outside of the body.

So now my L2i bezel is on the L2T, the L2T bezel is on the L2P and the L2P bezel is on the L2i :D

Just received L2T with xml t6 drop in.

So much better quality and finishing if compared to Ultrafire WF-502B.

I don't like the rubber thingy on the body.

sorry for bad quality images. cell phone image quality

Thanks Harry they are the pic,s ive been looking for.

btw, which has better quality, xtar or solarforce?

KAKNUT

Hot dang it!

No tail cap lock out on my new L2T. Still love the light and compared to my Surefire 6p bored out to 18mm the L2T is so much cheaper.

The clicky had too much travel so I checked the rubber boot and the little nipple on the inside was cut down too much. Just changed it and it's more sensitive and feels much better.

Very good build quality for the price but I really need tailcap lockout. I can put the 6p tailcap on the L2T but that would ruin the look for me.

Why the heck would Solarforce anodize the inside of the battery tube but not the tailcap or all battery tube threads? AARRRRggggghhhhh

You could try the Solarforce Tactical S7 switch that is just like the Surefire switch. Press for momentary on, and Twist/lock for constant on. It is HAIII and lists for $7.50.

Welcome to the forum, ri chevy.

Thank you Chicago X. I have been lurking for a long time, but just joined.

There's a lot of that going on lately. :)

Enjoy your time here - it's a VERY friendly, helpful group, IMO.

The site is not moderated-to-death like some places either.

Hi kaknut,

Just saw this post and thought I'd chime in. I'm still new here, but I'm pretty sure that the anodizing isn't on the threads and tail-cap is because that's the path to ground 8-)

later,