Review: Starry Light DXM

That’s disappointing. If you slowly inch your way up on the switch, what’s the approximate lumen level? It’s just surprising because this light produces the lowest low out of all my lights.

From off, if I slowly move the switch, the first light that I get is about 30 lumens. I really wanted a lot lower than that, so I guess that I’ll return the light.

Mike

I get the same when turning the light on, it has a dead-band of no response when turning it on for the first 25% of the range…,. The ultra low modes are when turning it off, draw that switch back slowly and you can get some lower than firefly modes out of this light. I think the driver has a current going through it and this is the large standby drain, try moving the switch forward faster, but not as far, this may jar the light into turning on earlier in lower modes.

KD has it:
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024186.D186-Cree-XM-L2-U2-1200-Lumens-Diving-LED-Flashlight-Black

Pity about the PWM, i hate visible PWM too.
How to get rid of it?
(I would think one of the capacitors decides the PWM frequency.)

In case anyone’s thinking of it, it’s the same(?) as the UF DV-S9 which I looooooove. (See my gushing over this light in its own thread. Ultrafire DV-S9 diving light? )

Don’t do a “leave it and forget until you need it” on this light, though. The magnetic switch (Hall-effect IC) has a 10mA (exactly) parasitic drain, so do a TCLO (tailcap-lockout) on it. ¼-turn is plenty.