Review: Tank007 E09 3-mode 1x AAA/10440

Aha~thank you for your support! i like your squirrel picture. Embarassed

I really like this light! Thanks for all your insight and encouragement!

Aha~ behalf tank007 thank you.hope you can give more support for us .

Kreisler,you are so friendly!

hi! Kreisler: serial number is different of each item.it’s showed each product is unique.

yes,our E09 have memory. one mode stay above 3secs.

maybe Sweety from Tank007 Co. knows more?

hi! Kreisler: serial number is different of each item.it's showed each product is unique.

and there you have it, the full explanation of the serial numbers! I'm relieved.

nice post. thanks.

thanks for thanking ;)

FWIW here a bigger picture of the eaten square-cut insulator. as you can see, the foil is torn on the left side ...

... and was not covering the LED dome area symmetrically: Most of the adhesive foil was drawn (by the rotating movement of the reflector, during the sealing operation) to the right. The foil was insulating "one-sided"-ly.

i was aware of the broken (torn) foil. And today my E09 got a new foil. This time circular cut, cha! ;)

I don't remember being aware of a color choice. Maybe someone posted some pics, I forget. Any chance you can post some pictures? My EO9 is one of my favorites, used it last night in checking the battery and alternator on my truck, don't need more light than this. At ~ $14, can't be beat.

You mean with a breast-mount ?

Or what is a tit-version ?

-S

quick update, Dinodirect sells the gungray model now:

sorry i got no news when the anticipated V3 will be available..

Thanks kreisler. I ordered it a few hours ago. I think it is the V3 version....

Hmmm... kreisler... do you know if the gray gunmetal version also comes in the metallic box?

hola fran, it's definitely not the V3, please trust me on that. i work for ..etc haha.. lol

yes, it comes with the metallic box (tin box), and it can be seen from bit.ly/greendino

afaik Tank007 Co. needs to sell off the V2's first before they tackle the V3 production.

Does it come with the keyring in the picture? The keyring looks like a clone of the Freekey keyring, http://www.fenixoutfitters.com/freekey-press-to-open-keyring-preorders-6512-expected-arrival-473.

EDIT: The link has been updated to the correct one.

kreisler... what are the main differences between V2 and V3? I cant remember............

yeah, comes with the keyring in the picture. (and there is no lanyard, paracord, or wrist strap included!)

fran since the V3 hasnt been produced yet i cant tell for sure what the (many/few) differences are in detail, sorry. the V3 is planned to have a longer body (battery compartment) in order to officially host Protected 10440's. for this to realize a new rear spring needs to be sourced by Tank007 etc ..

Tank is aware of the low PWM but i dont expect any changes here. In V2, Tank put some green glue on the threads of the 2 head parts so that users wouldnt accidentally unscrew the head parts (and thereby tear off the aluminum reflector from the LED board). So V2 features a sealed head, and i dont expect any further improvements in V3. In any case I advise all owners to "improve" the insulation between the LED board and the aluminum reflector on their own!

V1 had a XP-E R2 emitter, V2 (and V3) a XP-E R3 emitter. I will use my old E09 heads on the body of the new V3.

Why about the heads? Why you will use old heads in the new bodies? Do you prefer the R2 over the R3?

i have heads with R2 and R3 emitters, and their reflectors are as perfect as it can get (the E09's are 12US$ flashlights so nobody can expect Fenix-quality reflectors!!).