Review: Tank007 E09 v3 model

lol

Do 10440 make this light much brighter? If so what 10440 batteries would you recommend ?

Efest imr 10440 is the best. Available on ebay. Test / review.
Low, med, high becomes med, high, turbo.
10440s should be charged at ~250mA, higher currents will reduce its capacity & life. The xtar xp1 can be set to 250mA. If you can solder, a $1.50 tp4056 CC/CV charger from ebay can be modified to do 250mA.

My 10440s haven’t arrived yet. ;_;

Delicious efest 10440s? When / where did you order from?

I wish!! I got Ultrafire from FastVapeTech.

Ultrafire… erm, ok. :zipper_mouth_face:
You couldn’t find any efest that ships to the uk?

I could but they cost more and to be honest I am not sure I need the additional brightness in a keychain light (it will be brighter but not enough to cut through rain). The low mode on eneloop is as bright as a 20cd fauxton, which is also quite a useful level of light for me.

Now if I could just change the modes to moonlight, low and turbo. :bigsmile:

An accessory came today, orange traffic wand/diffuser attachment.

Larger than I thought:

Nice thick plastic:

Fitted to E09, it is as long as a pen:

Lanyard attachment point:

Demonstration of you directing traffic with it? :bigsmile: Kitten traffic?

You didn’t mention were your wand/diffuser came from.

I got the wand on Ebay. I prefer the warm orange light it makes than the cold red LEDs in my Inova Microlight .

I modded another E09 today. This one I swapped the XP-E for Nichia 119 emitter from FastTech:

Whilst not as bright, the modes work well but there is faint buzzing on medium and low. It’s lovely having high CRI and such a nice beam too, with the orange peel reflector:

At 1 metre:

Perfect fit:

Compare to XP-E:

I hot-glued an 1x8mm neodymium magnet in the base of each light so I can stick them to metallic surfaces. These magnets are not as strong as the one in the Preon P0 so I glued them flush with the rim for optimal performance.

superb job with the nichia!

please report if the hotglue does a good job holding the magnet over a long time of use :)

Thanks, kreisler! :bigsmile: I will let you know how it holds. I am using the magnet daily. Actually these magnets are nicer quality than some others I got from FastTech; must be a different supplier.

I did not use epoxy because I hate the smell (and it will be harder to remove later)! :Sp

you're nearing 3500+ posts

will overtake me within this year, am sure :D

I guess I should start deleting some!! :smiley:

I am so sure that i've seen more than 25 Horstmann posts but your counter is still so low.

You ain't deletin? ;)

EDIT: lol, in flagranti erwischt hehe.

Maybe if you didn’t delete so many posts…

Shorting R5 removes next mode memory?

Got mine in today…got it “free” by using my rebate points for a few returns…actually got 3x lights in today…2 AAA keychain lights, and one budget SK68 for $2.60~ from one of the vendors here

I am amazed at the light this little guy throws…the Darkvim 1W throws alot more light (it’s and XP-G vs an XP-E) but only has 1 mode vs the Tanks 3 mode

Totally floored by the build quality…if you have need for a tiny keychain light…this is definitely one to go for (for modes) the Darkvim for more light…either way very very very impressed by these little guys

Cool Chloe! Review and how to mod to boot, nice work. Something else to ad to my to do list.