Review: Tank007 E10 3-modes 1x AAA/10440

Looks good—and E10 is just shorter than the EagleTac d25c clicky—-but I wonder about that clicky on the E10 with clicky button that protrudes from the body.
I would prefer recessed to avoid activation in a pocket. Hope it is a stiff switch.

Thanks for posting about this, it looks really nice.

Wish price was a little lower at 25$ its not an impulse buy for me like the other Tank recommended by Kresiler which was I think $12 or so.

But I like the AAA with clicky, sometimes the twist on is difficult with smaller lights like the Fenix E01.

eternity? I was thinking that it was lost anywhere……….

I am anxious for your comments/reviews…

feels like an eternity,

The little packet is still in transit and finally trackable in the destination country (dhl.de). I expect to receive it in my letterbox by the end of coming week.

EDIT: ok, i have received the stuffz and quick reviewed it in the OP. hope this helpz ;)

Yeah!

Thanks for the impressions/mini review!!!

:beer:

So the performance is the same than in the E09. I was thinking that since I first saw the light

Curious about the PWM...I've always liked tank lights ... just wonder when they will lose the foul PWM ,,,if I have to guess i;ll asume ....not yet

TY for the review/updates Kreisler. Sounds like its just up your alley. Looking forward to a fullblown reiew though.

Interesting.

Hi.
Looks good, but the price … I paid $ 22.50 in manafont (I’m too impatient) is high for what it offers (but I love the aaa with Clickie) .
I hope it comes soon … :heart_eyes:

Trevi_lux, is it true that Galicia is 1931 days of rain? And where exactly is the Raccoon City, do you know?

I just came from the beach. This is the Spanish Caribbean, now to drink a cold beer :beer:

It's nice of you to join us, Me pirro todo!

Welcome to the site, Trevi_lux!

i added some pix. you *could* call the OP a "review" and i dont plan to add more material. the heart of the torch is the E09 driver, nothing has changed about it, so i dont see any reason to re-review basically the same torch.

it's my first and only 1xAAA clicky and serves as great host, since you can convert other 1xAAA flashlights into clickies:

For example, personally confirmed, the Worm, the iTP A3, the Olight i3, the LD01, the Bronte RA01 and others (probably: Maratac, Balder BD-0, ..) because they all share similar ~compatible head female thread type! Especially if you want to feed long Protected 10440's (and want a Clicky), the E10-body is a great way to accomplish all that at once :)

Fantastic stuff!!

I can think of many users, who will definitely like that!!
Too bad I’ve already sold my Preon, iTP AND Fenix L0D.
Just realized, I have absolutely no AAA lights other, than DQG… Now, how is that possible?

Great review! Thanks very much. Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.

for the past 4 months my desktop AAA light has been the E10 body lego'ed with E09 V2 head, black, plus LD01 pocket clip. once in a while i would exchange the head for the fun of it because they all fit: Brontä RA01, ITP A3, Fenix LD01, Lumintop Worm, Tank007 E09, Tank007 E10, Tank007 E11.

meanwhile i got additional E09 copies from DD. E09 V2 gungray, etc. for me and myself or for others or gift.

whenever i got a new E09 V2 and tested it against my desktop light, the new E09 was always noticeably brighter and i ..erh.. accepted it: [quote=strange observation]

[desktop E09 V1] vs. [new E09 V2(#1)] => the #1 was brighter than desktop light, so it became my new desktop light:

[desktop E09 V2(#1) head+E10 body] vs. [new E09 V2(#2)] => the #2 was again(wtf) brighter than the desktop light, so it became my new desktop light:

[desktop E09 V2(#2) head+E10 body] vs. [new Thrunite Ti] => the Ti was brighter than the desktop light; the Ti is brighter than the E09 V2, really?? i began to wonder what was going on here..

[desktop E09 V2(#2) head+E10 body] vs. [new E09 V2(#3)] => the #3 was again(wtf) brighter than the desktop light, so now it began to dawn on me why the new lights were brighter than the desktop light every time. [/quote]

And i also realized that the Thrunite Ti (at 1.480V) was *not* brighter than the E09 V2(#3) (at 1.280V). The Thrunite Ti has a better-looking beam (pattern, profile, tint, perfection, beauty) than the E09 V2 but it is not as bright (total lumens output) and throwy as the E09 V2. After having inspected so many copies of the E09 V2, i can establish this as observational fact.

I dont know how bright XP-G2 lights are (i3S, P1, Ti2, ..) but the E09 is probably still the top brightest on 1xEneloop.

You're not with stupid, think about it, so you'd know the explanation of my strange observation from above. Mystery solved. E09's honor saved and restored. Thanks to kreisler. I am the best. basta. and bye.

okok, nobody really seems interested in this thread.. me neither. it's xmas dude so wtf are we doin here anyway? haha lol

the technical explanation for my above observation is the electrical resistance of the flashlight body (battery tube, spring, switch). for the E09 the resistance 0.05 Ohm, for the E10 it's 0.25 Ohm. So the voltage drop over the flashlight body is 5x as high, which means that the E10 head receives less voltage than the E09 head. therefore the E10 is a bit less bright. let's calculate the voltage drop ( U = R * I ) at High mode:

E09 => U = R * I = 0.05 Ohm * 1.7 Ampere = 0.085 Volt

E10 => U = R * I = 0.25 Ohm * 1.7 Ampere = 0.425 Volt

There you have it. A half-depleted Eneloop cell may have 1.325V, and it delivers 1.7A to the E09/E10, so the heads receive:

E09 => 1.325V - 0.085V = 1.240 V

E10 => 1.325V - 0.425V = 0.900 V

Naturally a light powered with 0.90V@1.7A is less bright than powered with 1.24V@1.7A.

There you have it again, i kick ass

:bigsmile:

We just have to accept you the way you are, thanx Chrysler! Now don't delete this OP... Smile

I just got mine today. I’m using a 10440 ultrafire unprotected blue. Seems to work fine. It doesn’t seem as refined as the Preon P1, but still, it is a very good light.

I’ll post more stuff as I get used to it.

:slight_smile: