Review : Thorfire C8s Flashlight (upgraded) + battery & charger + bike mount (4+1 modes , XM-L2 , 18650 / 2xCR123 ) + bonus mod

Nice review and mod Giorgo! :+1:

Very nice review, we are waiting for the next one!

Nice review George. Well done.

I just took a look at the driver in my New C8s. This one is completely different from my older models, and appears to be different than yours George.
[C8s driver](<a) href=“Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket target=“_blank”>
It’s also 20mm, compared to 17mm, in my last one.

I have another C8s that i got AFTER the review one , from amazon .

Let me check the driver …

Just checked it and it has the same driver i reviewed .

Interesting …

Are yours 17 or 20mm? My inductor has a lot more windings, also. Still, I get about the same as you. 2.9A with heavy leads on my DMM.

Mine are 17mm .
It also has the sense resistor on the side , as i described , not on the center .

Yeah, my older model drivers looked like this

From what I can tell, it is the same as yours. I stacked 2 r100’s on top of 1 of them to halve the resistance. It was a nice improvement, but I don’t remember exactly the increase. I don’t have a clamp meter so I know I’m not getting that accurate of measurements, anyway.

This was also purchased on Amazon. After they got new stock, at the end of the month. Apparently, they have changed drivers. All modes appear to be the same. Inductor has a lot more winding’s. It will resistor mod the same (although, that resistor looks huge :open_mouth: ). Just directly under the inductor. Maybe have to put a strip of Kapton tape there.
Anyway, I love the new tailcap :+1: