Review TrustFire TR-3T6 Triple XM-L T6 5-Modes Memory LED Flashlight (3x18650)

I have a fandyfire stl-v6 and a trustfire 3t6 on the way, are these batteries safe to run in these lights.

there are so many batteries not sure what to get.

Want good batteries inexpensive batteries

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390346299106&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Thanks Jim

Those Panasonics are definitely not really safe batteries to get for the triple XM-Ls. Till today there are a couple of safe copies which work, but still no guarantee the driver electronic won't suddenly go down give a dead short. In a worst case scenario with a total noob, you could actually become disabled in a Li-ion explosion, the explosion itself isn't very dangerous, issue is that it is contained in a flashlight tube (and a pretty strong one at that) hence multiplying the destructive power.

Though someone has demonstrated that the NCR18650CH does not go poof in a dead short. But that's a slightly different chem.

But don't get me wrong, not that they are not usable, just that i wouldn't use them unattended, or as a long term daily battery. If it's always attended usage, plus short bursts, and you always check cell voltages etc.... i don't see no problem at all.

Case in point : Someone in CPF just put those blue Ultrafires in a parallel config into the Nitecore TM11. WTF?

Hi Jim

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4522

The body looks awfully long, is that a 5x18650 body? A 2s3p physical configuration might be easier to handle... Tặng kèm 5 pin sạc 18650.

Agreed with above. Go ahead and get decent batteries for this light since it will be pulling a lot of amps. I belive the trustfire flames ones are ok and reasonably priced.

Tail Cap Current Draw Comparisons With 2 X 18650's

solarforce 2400 mAh 2.46 amps

Trustfire Flames 2400 mAh 2.51 amps

Redilast 2600 mAh 2.5 amps

Hi-max 2600 mAh 2.51 amps

I ordered 6 TrustFire flames 2400mAh and Trustfire tr003 charger

What is the memory that everybody is refering to on the TR 3T6 etc....

Are they refering to lights that have 3,5,6 modes and a light that just turns on/off no memory

Memory, is when you turn off the flashlight in any mode, for example, strobe mode, and next time you turn on the flashlight, it will turn on on that mode (Strobe in this example case).

Thanks FX-32 ,I'm learning

it pays to drop the light to medium of low before you switch it off, so next time you turn it on, it will not blind you for a few seconds lolls

I also had problem with scratched head part on this flashlight from manafont and asked them to send me just replacement head part without lens/leds/driver etc... First they offered the usual 5$ coupon but after some negotiating they offered me substantial discount on buying again the same item. Replacement item was flawless...

It seems that your case is even worse and you should be persistent with them to solve your problem.

Yesterday got it atlast from Manafont,the packing was good with bubble wrap,measured with DMM,matched exactly with the one posted here by probably by Benkie,at Hight it draws-3Ah.

But has some flaws

1>Didn't got all the Orings,so if any one knows the specs of the Orings then plz inform.

as I have noticed there should be orings in 3 sizes,1st with Crown\Bezel(in front of Glass)(Big size) Part,2nd one(Med Size) the joining with neck to the battery compartment,rest of it perhaps 6 small.

I think Dx sells Flashlight Oringsin all sizes,I think it will be better to go for silicon Orings.I will also order some Silicon Based Gels.

2>My Crown is bent a little perhaps a blunt object is thrashed in the crown so paint got peeled out,any solution or from where I can purchase the crown part.I got some in Dx but perhaps those were other sizes,& even better if any one can find with attack head .

Beside that all things are fine.

Manafont sell some of the o-rings, there is a post on this thread about where to get o-rings. The o-ring before the glass you will not see. There is a few post I made on this thread about what replacement parts like bezels that fit, yours might of got damaged in the mail. I will make a list of what o-rings the TR-3T6 should have when I get home from work as some people have been confused with this in the past.

Ok this is all the o-rings my TR-3T6 has since i got it.

# 1. one befor the glass in between the bezel and the glass this on is very hard to see, i found mine by removing the alloy ring behind the glass.

# 2. one on the head just behind where the bezel screws onto.

# 3. one on the large end of the first battery tube that screws into the head.

# 4. two on the end of the first battery tube.

# 5. two on the end off the first small battery tube extention.

# 6. two on the end of the last small battery tube extention.

Now remeber mine is a 3 x 18650 and i can not remeber if i used any o-rings form my spare TR-1200 bare host or not.

If you would like spare bezel to replace yours and some spare orings one of these might work for you TR-1200 a bare host all parts fit the TR-3T6 apart from the empty head.

I have not seen any attack bezels for the TR host, but i cant say ive looked i hope this helps.

hello, guys!

where i can get standard/original driver for this torch? I found only 8 V version for 2x18650 :(

Thankx for ur opinion,2day I sent a mail to Manafont they said that to post the picture of defective parts,just now posted the pics,lets see what happens,yes I will be persistent with them cuz I will not forget that I have paid more to Manafont than any other Hk based seller who sells TF-3T6.Not only that I paid for registered mail which is generally free if you purchase from Hk based seller of purchasing more than $15(as in case of Dx).

I have all Orings upto ie;#1,#2 & #3

As I have seen #4 ,#5 & #6 has the same measurement perhaps,it will be very helpful if U measure the Orings & let us inform,as I don't have any measuring instrument that has a good accuracy.Actually I am planning to change all the orings with silicon based as they dont wear out like rubber orings.

(In case of me 2 Orings are not there in this size at #5)

Yes I also have the same version as you(3*18650)

Just imagine the power of 3t6 with strobing effect & fitted with a attack bezel ,actually it will be no less deadlier than a dagger.

& Thanks for typing so much in the previous post.

Welcome to the forum !!!

Here’s the link to the only 3 x XM-L driver of which I’m aware:

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/flashlight-component-triple-t6-cree-circuit-board-driver-p-7973?rp=522815

If you come across anything else, please share. Again, welcome to BLF.

If u are planning to drive more than 2*18650,say 3*18650 OR 4*18650

then this is the one to get

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/6-18v-3000ma-3-mode-circuit-board-for-xm-lt60-emitters-57779

But it doesnt has:-

1>Memory

2>SOS

3>Mid Range

Specs:-

- Current: 3000mA
- Voltage: 6-18V
- 3-Modes: high, low, fast strobe
- Designed for XM-LT60 emitters