Review TrustFire TR-3T6 Triple XM-L T6 5-Modes Memory LED Flashlight (3x18650)

Thanks All!

got a set on order thanks again

I've owned my TR-3T6 (2 18650 version) since July. It's been a LOVEFEST so far. The only thing I hate about it is the disco modes. I'd love to change the driver with a 3 mode if possible without affecting reliability, or sacrificing brightness.. Any suggestions?

Are the LED's on these 3 x T6 and 5 x T6 lights always connected in parrallel? Why don't they connect them in serie? I just seems to be that the batteries would be able to supply the higher Vf and constant current of say 2.5-3A with a decent boost driver much easier. Then you can have 800-900 lumens OTF per T6! Or am I missing something?

Guys does anyone know if 2 or 3 18700 cells will fit ? looking at the Xtar 2600 in particular maybe a little too long??

hazard a guess you would need a custom pcb and chip in there, or a 3 mode pcb that is designed for 3 x T6s

I got my TR-J12 5 x XM-L a few days ago, it was held up by Australia mail redirection because i moved house over the new year, as we all know now the king Kong's are a no go fitment wise out of the box.

I'm impressed with the build quality of the light it works well and is much brighter to my eyes playing out the back at night in the dark then the TR-3T6.

First impressions is its a nice looking light, looks much better then the TR host,s and its going to be a decent run time torch.

I have not been able to do to much testing except for current draw and a bit of running in the back yard.

2 x Trustfire flames 2400mAh 3.35 amps

2 x Trustfire flames 2400mAh 3.48 amps

3 x Trustfire flames 2400mAh 1.44 amps

2 x Panasonic NCR18650A 3100mAh 3.84 amps

2 x Solarforce 2600mAh 3.66 amps

2 x Redilast 2600mAh 3.74 amps

2 x Hi-max 2400mAh 3.41 amps.

All 18650 type batteries

Some beamshots comparing the two would be super!

The best i can do sofar

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/6094

When you say "the best i can do sofar", you mean pointing him in the right direction, i assume?

Yeah giving him a link, my camera will just not do it, as more 5 x xm-l,s roll in there should be more vs beam shots.

Hey All, long-time lurker, but first post here in BLF!

Does anybody have a good source for the 3x18650 model of this torch? It seems from the links provided in this thread, it is OOS, with only 2x18650 models available...

Thanks,

Nick

Nikolai I would look at the light from 5 post above on post number 439 on this thread, it's brighter then the good old TR-3T6, it will take 2 or 3 cell batteries and it has 5 x XML T6 LEDs I love mine it's now taken over my favorite TR-3T6 for usage and showing off.

Thanks benckie... While it does look like a solid light, I can't justify the extra 70% cost for something that doesn't apepar to be nearly 70% more product. I can certainly appreciate the better efficiency those Cree's are undoubtedly getting at the lower specific power, but that beast is doing nowhere near the claimed 4500 lumens on 3x18650's. Based on the tailcap readings you posted, I'm guestimating it'd be much closer to 2-2.5k, tops (with a generous ~140L/W at your tested current of 1.44A, assuming a full 12.8V). Really on paper that shouldn't be much brighter, if any, than the little TR-3T6, at the higher 2.5-3A tailcap readings the TR-3T6 has posted. Would a better driver help your new toy? And my apologies if any of my analysis and/or terminology is off, as I'm still fairly green to some of this.

If you find one of the TR-3T6's for a decent price, pls let me know!

Your about right, but the TR-3T6 only draws 2.5 to 3 amps on 2 cells (8.4v) not 3 (12.6v) depending on the batteries and my 3 cell reading might be low due to old cells, the new light is rated for 4.5 more then the TR-3T6.

To me its worth the extra money as it is a brand new host, more led,s plus extra,s you dont normaly get in a trustfire, plus the option of 26650 batteries if you want, in my feild testing it 5 x xml is brighter and more floody then the 3 x xml there is a noticible diffrence in brighteness to me.

Why it so cheap in Dx(TR-J12) only $70 !!!?

Have a look,but don't know the size of the circuit board

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S005296

Thanks but it's too small at 19mm. The 3T6 driver measures about 30mm.

Yes they would be in parallel in my understanding.Actually the driver outputs roughly 3.6v at 2.5amps in high,the leds will take 2.5amps/3=830mA in parallel,but if in series it will not light up cuz the minimum forward volt per leds for xmls are not met(3.6v/3=1.2v).

If you want to series,then the driver output specs will be about 3.6*3=10.8v with current of about 1.2Amp total(that will be safe perhaps)

If anyone finds any wrong info then plz rectify.

Cause DX you have to 3 months + for shipment